Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
My wife works for South East Toyota Dist and they don't even have the prices yet. Sucks...I am holding out for a 2014 as soon as I can order it. I just don't know how much it's going to cost me yet. People are guessing not much increase but nobody knows yet.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
My wife works for South East Toyota Dist and they don't even have the prices yet. Sucks...I am holding out for a 2014 as soon as I can order it. I just don't know how much it's going to cost me yet. People are guessing not much increase but nobody knows yet.
Do you get the ball and chain discount?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Do you get the ball and chain discount?
Yeah, I get employee price. But if you have USAA it's almost identical and sometimes USAA is cheaper if you pick certain extras. Employee price is 2013 5.7L, 4x4 DC with SR5, Entune, spray in liner, and bed rails for $30,500+TTL. I think you can negotiate that anyway though.

Has anyone gotten a high quality spray in liner done aftermarket? What is the cost? I'm wondering if you can just get it cheaper later.

I'm not interested in the tow package because I'm not doing heavy towing but it's about $500 more.

Reactions: danoh

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm on the fence about the DC or CM. It's $2600 more and I don't really think I need it. I like the slightly bigger bed of the DC and think that I can find a better way to spend $2600 on the truck. The wife thinks we should get it for our future unborn children....

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
They should offer the 2014 with the option to have a tailgate without the hideous stamped TUNDRA on it.

Reactions: Johnny 5

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
They should offer the 2014 with the option to have a tailgate without the hideous stamped TUNDRA on it.
I'll use that in my negotiation. :)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I was having some doubts too but I have never heard of reliability like I have with Toyotas. I had a Corolla with 106k on it when I traded it and only had to put 1 belt on it the whole time I had it. Just kept changing the oil and filters. Plus, my commute is 8 miles to work so I am pretty low miles too. My hand-me-down Equinox only gets about 19 miles a gallon when mostly on the highway so I'm not going to be taking a huge hit. Was going to get the 4.6L to ease the blow but my desire for power is winning and I am probably going for the 5.7L now. The gas mileage isn't considerably different and I did the math, I can afford the extra $400 a year it will cost in gas.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I am a really DIY kind of guy, that is why I want a truck. I will tow a utility trailer sometimes but nothing major. And a boat here and there. 90% of my driving will be without. But I am tired of always have to borrow something with a bed when I want to pick up crap my wife buys or new plants at the nursery or whatever.

As far as the other brands go, it seems that none can compete on price. I have looked into the big three and for similar equipment you will be spending thousands more.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am a really DIY kind of guy, that is why I want a truck. I will tow a utility trailer sometimes but nothing major. And a boat here and there. 90% of my driving will be without. But I am tired of always have to borrow something with a bed when I want to pick up crap my wife buys or new plants at the nursery or whatever.

As far as the other brands go, it seems that none can compete on price. I have looked into the big three and for similar equipment you will be spending thousands more.
Yup, I have found the same thing. I had an old GMC truck (that I loved) at one point and I like the GM styling, so I was starting to look at them. Like you said, the prices stopped me. Also, I was not impressed with the power output of the GM 5.3

The new Ram trucks look good but also have a hefty price tag.

Ford, no way

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Ford, no way
My dad bought a Ford in late 2012 when the '13s came out. He didn't want the new engine (I think that was the year). Turns out he made a wise choice since that EcoBoost had such issues. But the prices don't even compete. For argument's sake, let's say the quality is similar (just go with me here). If the Ford (XLT, 4 full doors) gets 14/19 with their 5.0L and Toyota (CM) gets 13/17 with the 5.7L. So let's average it to 17 and 15. Now, I started to price out the Ford and got to $38k without ANY packages. Personally, I like the SR5, 4WD which can be had in the CM for $33k or so. Now ask yourself, how many miles to you have to drive to make up for the $5k difference? And I can imagine once you add a package similar to the SR5 to get a few perks you would be working with more than a $5k split.

Yeah, I will stick with the Tundra.

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dad bought a Ford in late 2012 when the '13s came out. He didn't want the new engine (I think that was the year). Turns out he made a wise choice since that EcoBoost had such issues. But the prices don't even compete. For argument's sake, let's say the quality is similar (just go with me here). If the Ford (XLT, 4 full doors) gets 14/19 with their 5.0L and Toyota (CM) gets 13/17 with the 5.7L. So let's average it to 17 and 15. Now, I started to price out the Ford and got to $38k without ANY packages. Personally, I like the SR5, 4WD which can be had in the CM for $33k or so. Now ask yourself, how many miles to you have to drive to make up for the $5k difference? And I can imagine once you add a package similar to the SR5 to get a few perks you would be working with more than a $5k split.

Yeah, I will stick with the Tundra.
Yeah, that's a big price difference for mere common folk such as myself lol.

Pricing aside, I was actually kinda disappointed that Ford's eco-boost isn't working out so well. I am a big fan of forced induction and there have been some impressive strides made with turbos in recent years. As such, I was intrigued. I have another turbo vehicle that I love but that is for a different thread.

I am going Tundra, I just hope there are some incentives to be had closer to the end of the year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How can no one have pricing on a 2014. There are a few of them driving around already.

This is becoming a damn joke ordering one that's non Flex-fuel in Colorado. There will be zero non flex-fuel trucks deliverd to CO. until next year, period.

I have to have a dealer in another state order the truck and then do a trade with a dealer in my state.

I called Peterson Toyota in Boise, ID and they told me:

2014 Tundra DC 4x4 TRD SR5 Package

MSRP 38,165
My price 36,340.52
6-8 weeks delivery

No factory leather upgrades for the SR5/TRD packages. You have to go to a Limited. No Rebates!

What a f ing nightmare to buy a new truck. That price sucks.

Another quote coming in on MONDAY...

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
This is becoming a damn joke ordering one that's non Flex-fuel in Colorado. There will be zero non flex-fuel trucks deliverd to CO. until next year, period.

I have to have a dealer in another state order the truck and then do a trade with a dealer in my state.
Buy outside of CO?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Buy outside of CO?
I am,
Why do you think I posted up a price quote up from another dealer from "another state"?

I'm just putting up what the dealer told me and putting the information and options up for other people to see. So that it may help them out.

Kinda like me also putting up the pricing for a 2014 DC TRD SR5 non flex-fuel. As far as I have seen that's the first quote out there for that model.
Thanks for helping!

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Why do you think I posted up a price quote up from another dealer from "another state"?

Your right, to buy outside of CO. I new you would figure it out.
You're some kind of special.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts