Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Diesel vs gas.
I look out my front window and see my 2013 Tundra and my Ford f250 diesel.
Yes my F250 gets pretty good milage, however with diesel fuel at the same price or more than gas it is fast becoming a moot point.
My F250 costs approx double the price to maintain as a gas engine.
If something breaks on the F250 the repair costs are double.Or more.
Today i put said F250 in the paper for sale.
For the lovers of the cummins diesel.......they no longer get good milage.....at all.
As for the 2014 Tundra, if its a half ton truck then i am fine with my 2013. If Toyota put out a 3/4 ton pick up i would buy one.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If they wait til 2015 to upgrade and then only change the interior they better be willing to throw huge amounts of money on the hood. Their sales will drop well below 60K a year also. The competition is just too good to sell 100K + trucks a year with an eight year old design.

If Toyota wants to get to 200K units a year they better be willing to go BIG!

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Otto123,
how reliable " is the guy down the street" ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
texis300,

He's very reliable (the R&D guy down the street). I tried to get him to cave on the changes coming in 2015, but he wouldn't detail anything. I think they must sign waivers of secrecy or something, lol. But he assured me that 2015 was the year of redesign for the Tundra.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Pretty disappointing if they're waiting till '15 to redesign the whole truck. But at least I know all the mods I'm doing to my 07 will last me awhile longer!!!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
texis300,

He's very reliable (the R&D guy down the street). I tried to get him to cave on the changes coming in 2015, but he wouldn't detail anything. I think they must sign waivers of secrecy or something, lol. But he assured me that 2015 was the year of redesign for the Tundra.
I'm not so sure man, my father works for a company that is manufacturing the seat bracket for the "2014" Tundra. They got the prints a few months ago. I told him to make up an issue and make a big stink about it, tell them that he needed to go test fit one in a truck, and try to see one in person. I don't think it worked yet....:lol5:

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
texis300,

They why are they making a big deal about showing the "all new 2014 Tundra" at the Chicago auto show next month? Its been reported for about a year now that 2014 is the year for the major redesign.

Sorry, but I think your source is less than reliable.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
So let's say that the new Tundra is 2014. What month would the release be?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Supposedly 2014 is the year for body changes, 2015 is new motor option changes! (Possibly a diesel)!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
80 Posts
texis300,

I was also told 2015 would be when the new Tundras come out. A family friend of mine has worked for the Toyota dealership here in town for several years.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
20-25mpg in a truck that most of us won't buy, 2wd w/ low gear ratio etc.. Direct injection on the current 5.7L would yield some good results. Gmc has a hybrid Sierra out now.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
texis300,

I was also told 2015 would be when the new Tundras come out. A family friend of mine has worked for the Toyota dealership here in town for several years.
LOL. Friend works for Corporate Toyota. He said he got a quick glimpse of the 2014 Tundra. He said it'll be more boxier/squarish than it is now. Said it reminded him of the Dodge Ram.

He couldn't get much info, but he heard that towing will decrease to around 7400 lbs.

I guess we'll all find out in a few months.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Oh crap, if I've been this excited and hyped up about the new 14 and the redesign doesn't come until 15, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
This is a lot of contradicting info..... so someone's information is wrong. I guess I will just have to go buy a 13 and hope that they hold off until 2015

·
Registered
415 Posts
Im REALLY glad I pulled the trigger on my 12 playing the waiting game just isnt for me....

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Im REALLY glad I pulled the trigger on my 12 playing the waiting game just isnt for me....
I agree. I think we might own the last of the BIG Tundras. I think most everything is going to downsize from here and it's not just the Tundra I'm talking about.

You will see a new body style in a few weeks and new engines next year. (my best guess) I think you will see direct injection right out, but a new power plant seems far fetched this fast. I see diesel coming. More like economy bred diesel, not pull your home off it's foundation diesel. Toyota knows this will rock the 1/2 market. A baby diesel that can get about 26MPG and tow about 9,000LBS while maintaining Toyota reliability. Just a guess, but it makes sense to me.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.