Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone planning on picking up the new tundra when they hit the show room?

i cant wait to start seeing people tricking them out with lift kits / wheels / tires etc!!!:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 2014 tundra is the reason why I picked up a 2013. I love everything about the truck except the front. IMO, it looks like a bulky highlander. Maybe over time it'll grow on me but for now I'm loving and enjoying my 2nd gen. Nonetheless, I still like to see one up close as pictures might not do it any justice.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Nope, I just bought a 2013 Crewmax RW a month ago cause I like the look better.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i'm out as well. morphed with the "ridgeline" look bothers me. maybe someday it will grow on me but i won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Same reason for me that I got a 2013, wasn't feeling the new body style. It's supposed to be appealing not fugly. Maybe in 5 yrs it will grow on me.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Negatvie for me!! Reason I bought a used 2011 and spent the money saved on upgrades!!.... Might take a year or two to grow on me but so far its fugly!!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I've had two Tundras so far so I'm thinking I'll be looking into something different. I feel I'll be sticking with a Toyota or Lexus though. I might venture toward a 4Runner or maybe if funds are solid, a LandCruiser.

My goal is when both kids are out of car seats is when I'll be looking. That's about six years from now. So no, not a 2014.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I kind of like the 2014, but I would have to see in person first.
I may end up looking for a used 2nd gen, maybe a 2010 or something a little earlier and that way I may be able to get one with out the flex fuel engine.
If we are going to start getting busy at work again like they are saying and get our raises like they are saying, then a used one that I can get a low payment on may be the direction I go.
I want to trade off both the vehicles we have now and when I do that I will probably have to keep what I get next for at least 4 to 6 years which a long time for me to keep an automobile.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
^^^ I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for the info and advice.
I could live with 2007-2009.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Honestly....

I dunno.

No engine upgrades, no mpg upgrades, front end kinda fugly...

I would like to see a rw version, maybe looks better. I'm not sure.

My truck is not paid off, but only owe like 12,xxx... And 0%... only 23k miles. I think Ill hold on to this one which I like the body style of and maybe get a sports car or a house with a yard...

·
Registered
607 Posts
5.7L, 381 hp, six speed auto. Already got one. :D
^^^What he said!

The 2014 is why I bought a 13. I like my body style and the interior. Would have liked a diesel or at least some tuning/engine updates for better mileage.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Yea Creo, that's my take. If it miraculously got 20mpg now instead, ok. if it somehow was making 420hp, ok...

An ugly front end and a longer payment, eph that.

BDT, yea, I could easily free up the 4xx payment I have. I put lots down... Have good credit, paid off a few other things since I bought the truck so I should be good, however, not wanting new house till gf gets her career situated and brings in paychecks more than minimum wage to help...

1 - 20 of 318 Posts