Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't think I have posted up a lot of photos of my rig, so after I put on the new color matched grille I figured I should..

Specs of everything done are in the signature, with the new addition of the color matched assembly.. I do like it a lot better than the factory chrome and imagine id like it even more with the rigid grille popped in there instead..

Install was super simple, i would say it took no more than 15 minutes.. Top is definitely easier than bottom portion.. If anybody with super white is looking for the same setup, I couldn't find a better deal than this one on ebay..

Toyota Tundra 2014 Front Grille White Paint Code 040 Upper Lower | eBay

Enjoy some pictures....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking for one. How much can you get me one for?!
looking for one what? the platinum grille?

I listed the ebay link.. $439 to your door was the cheapest I could find..

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok, I guess you mean "couldnt".

Looks nice! Waiting for the funds before I decide anyway.
haha I just spotted the error.. and thanks, I like it too.. Still deciding on what bumper to go with..

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow, great spot. Thanks for sharing! I've been looking at going with a color matched grill surround for as long as I've had my Tundra. Now I have to run down some color matched front bumper ends:pirata:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Does that match your Tundra's super white nicely, or is there a slight difference in the hue of white between the two?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is it possible just to get the grill insert?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I thought the two whites were different?/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is it possible to get with the SR5 grill insert?

Brian15:
We get the grill, you get the insert and I will get the surround :p
sorry was in a rush before and didnt make mush sense of it. I have an sr5 with a stock chrome surround. I like the chrome and was wondering if it was possible to just buy the platinum insert?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I thought the two whites were different?/
That's what I was thinking, too. They look slightly different in the op's picture.

Reactions: wgreenlee1021

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can honestly say that the two whites, if they are different, aren't anything you can really see with the plain eye..

The shadows are definitely playing tricks on the picture, but if you were just looking at it on the street, you wouldn't think it didn't come like that..

As far as swapping out the platinum grille for the SR5 grille, I am not sure if its real simple.. From what I have read, if you replace the grille with say something aftermarket, you are breaking some tabs and cant go back.. That's what I heard, so don't quote me on that lol

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That painted grill looks amazing! I need to find one in black. The best I could find was $520.
Thanks.. Yea, I was able to find a few at that price mark.. Just happened to come across that price, made sure it was a toyota part and pulled the trigger..

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Wow that really opens a can of bad ass with the color matched grill, love the way
it creates the big hood scoop look. You sir shall know be called W.W.S. "White Whale Shark" that really is mean looking! Great job! Sorry Chrome Lovers this makes me really like the new 14's even better.... (I shall repent now for such blasphemy*)

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow that really opens a can of bad ass with the color matched grill, love the way
it creates the big hood scoop look. You sir shall know be called W.W.S. "White Whale Shark" that really is mean looking! Great job! Sorry Chrome Lovers this makes me really like the new 14's even better.... (I shall repent now for such blasphemy*)
HAHA thanks.. I love the grill and surround, the only thing im still not sure about is what to do with the emblem.. As you can see, I tried the black plastidip and just dont know about it.. I will be going with an aftermarket front bumper which might help tie the black in, but im just not sure.. I thought about going white plastidip on the emblem, still might..

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I personally am not a big fan of the black emblems, they just disappear.
I would go white, or come up with an idea for metalmilner* not sure how to spell it.
they can make ya one....or paint one like I did...not Texas flag but something similar maybe the avatar pic you have?

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I personally am not a big fan of the black emblems, they just disappear.
I would go white, or come up with an idea for metalmilner* not sure how to spell it.
they can make ya one....or paint one like I did...not Texas flag but something similar maybe the avatar pic you have?
Yea id love to get that avatar pic as an emblem.. I like black emblems, but it has to work with the rest of the car, and I am just not feeling it right now.. I need to pull off the grille soon anyways to replace the stock horn.. Ill probably give the white emblem a shot then..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts