Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had to replace a motion sensor on there bumper on a 2014 tundra crewmax? Mine is good just the grommet plastic housing it sits in the part that actually clips in the bumper is damaged.
The problem I ran into is the schematics at dealership has part numbers screwed up for the actually item. It turns out even there is a part number for which is linking to the retainer clip instead when you order it. You can get the domedversion for the older models and its like whats on sequoia but not the flat one thats currently used. Not to mention there has been a part number change over to another part number.
My platinum 1794 truck is painted bumper not chromed which it seems there also differents there, so they are saying I have to order the complete sonar sensor assembly which is over $200 just to get the housing part. Not to mention there is different part numbers and designs depending on which one you need based on location on the vehicle it as as some are different. I am needing the left rear corner one. Mine is the same as on the current new trucks where its flat and not domed shaped.
Anyone go through this and had figured out a way to get what they needed with out ordering the complete assemble? I would not had the issue if the dealership just replaced it when they could have they was being a tight wade said they would fix it but ended up did not want to spend the money for the complete assemble.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.