·
Premium Member
24 Posts
+1 for the Proclip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
The only thing I don't like is having to separate parts of the dash to put the Proclip in. Every time I've done something like that and had it on there for a while if I wanted to remove it there was always a little gap where the parts didn't fit back together like they did originally just from age/being baked in the sun and getting 'set' the way they were.

I think I'll stick to the one that sticks to the glass for now because at least I know I can remove that and not have any lasting effect.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Mike, you don't separate the dash at all... There is a small lip that just sits into the small gap that is already there. It's really well done and sturdy

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
The video of installation I saw basically showed inserting a tool between the two panels and then leveraging it to get a gap to insert the mount through.

Could you, by chance, take a couple close pictures of how it installs? I do really need something - the wife stole my window one lol.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Decided on the Steelie Mount - $23 dollars

Thanks for all the suggestions! I settled on the Steelie based upon bldmtnrider's suggestion. Over the last month it has been flawless! It doesn't move from where I want it!

I use Waze on long trips and it works great. I can see the GPS without distraction and also notice alerts easily. I also can make calls, etc. Honestly, it is helpful to always know where my phone is.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone? I bought a QI adapter for my Note3. I drilled a small hole in the back of the console lid, ran the USB cable to the power port inside the console, velcroed the charger down. With the anti skid pad on the charger I can open the console lid while my phone stays put and charging. I can run Pandora on long trips without worrying about killing the battery in my phone. Qi kits run about $35 and the extra charger pads can be had for around $8 on Amazon.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes. In the end. Plus 1 for ProClip. All others have failed and since switching to the proclip I have never looked back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
2014-2019 3rd Gen Toyota Tundra - Modular Dash Plate – Rago Fabrication

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts