Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i'm in the market on purchasing a Tundra i've got my eyes set on a Crewmax but im not all excited about the new '14 tundras getting rid of the rear seats not being able to slide back and forth like the previous years '07-'13.

my question is would it be possible to convert the '14 to do this? maybe switch them out?

what do you guys think

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do not think that you are going to be able to do this. The only reason I say this is because of the lip on the bottom of the back seats where they connect. The only reason I noticed this is because I took out my weather tech floor mats and noticed that the back mat did not fit correctly.

Not to say that it cannot be done, this is only at first glance.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
The floor under the back seat is built up several inches on the 2014. I don't know if the floor pan is the same under that section or not. If its the same floor pan I don't see why it couldn't be done but it may be expensive. I'm positive it could be done for the right price, just not one I'm willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i think the floor pan is the same, so you would need new seat brackets and carpet at the least.that is if the new seat can be mounted to the old seat brackets. anything can be done for a cost...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts