Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

301 - 320 of 360 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
Wonder if he uses it on a Farm or to haul/tow stuff... or if it's just for show.

Got so many of these fake wanna-be cowboys down in my area driving around it's pathetic. Even the high school kids are driving dad's fake cowboy coal roller. Bunch of pansies

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wonder if he uses it on a Farm or to haul/tow stuff... or if it's just for show.

Got so many of these fake wanna-be cowboys down in my area driving around it's pathetic. Even the high school kids are driving dad's fake cowboy coal roller. Bunch of pansies
He has a 40' trailer he uses to pull his race car around with. Besides the car it has a full set of tools for making repairs onsite. He blew the tranny on his previous ram (also a 3500) 3 times pulling that thing.

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
He has a 40' trailer he uses to pull his race car around with. Besides the car it has a full set of tools for making repairs onsite. He blew the tranny on his previous ram (also a 3500) 3 times pulling that thing.
well then I guess he uses it

·
Registered
497 Posts

Gota have stacks, are they stock now on that 3500 Mega depreciation machine. For 70k better come with a stripper and stacks for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
Gota have stacks, are they stock now on that 3500 Mega depreciation machine. For 70k better come with a stripper and stacks for sure.
HAHA and a big ole belt buckle emblem that says YEE-HAW in the grill.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was talking to a guy at the Costco gas pumps last night. He had the F 150 ecoboost, he said he gets 22 mpg combined.

Go ahead. Make my day.
Boss has a 2013 ecoboost with leveling kit and all terrains. He averages 16.. It's our neck of the woods for sure. I'm averaging 23.5 round trip and still seeing around 25 with the cruise on 74. Lots of idling across sonderos and slow rolling.

Washed and cleaned the truck for the 1st time, it was pretty bad. Not going to say anything Tundra owners don't already know. The build quality doesn't compare. Just pushing on the body parts they flex much more and move. The interior has gaps between panels where the Tundra was solidly constructed. I see headliner problems in my future.. Over half a tank of Def used in 2200 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Washed and cleaned the truck for the 1st time, it was pretty bad. Not going to say anything Tundra owners don't already know. The build quality doesn't compare. Just pushing on the body parts they flex much more and move. The interior has gaps between panels where the Tundra was solidly constructed. I see headliner problems in my future.. Over half a tank of Def used in 2200 miles.
Front bumper is the worst on this thing for me too. Right where the chrome meets the paint is the flimsiest thing I have ever seen on a vehicle. Having come from a front end collision in the Tundra, I know any impact greater than 15 MPH to the front of any of these trucks will result in some significant damage.

Interesting on the interior though. Where do you see the flaws? Not calling you out, but I may have not noticed them myself brother...kind of want to look deeper now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Front bumper is the worst on this thing for me too. Right where the chrome meets the paint is the flimsiest thing I have ever seen on a vehicle. Having come from a front end collision in the Tundra, I know any impact greater than 15 MPH to the front of any of these trucks will result in some significant damage.

Interesting on the interior though. Where do you see the flaws? Not calling you out, but I may have not noticed them myself brother...kind of want to look deeper now.
The main one that comes to mind is the back seat along where the cab meets the headliner. There is a gap here on mine and you can see some of the headliner fabric hanging in the gap. Most of it is just how the different materials are married together that are just a little off from matching perfect. The Tundra seams where all pretty much flawless.

Yes the front bumper was the major area but also the fender flares don't seem to be adhered all that well. The wheel well plastic is pretty flimsy compared to the Tundra and the plastic around the rear sliding window seems like its already starting to fade compared to the rest of the plastic stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
Just got an RV magazine in the mail. They tested the Eco diesel. 12.5 MPG pulling a 4800 lb camper. That was including water, propane, etc...

I get 10 to 10.5 pulling roughly 7000 lbs. Be nice to have the unhooked MPG though. Still not thinking it's worth the extra fuel and maintenance costs.

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
Knew it! :lmao: Mine drops to 12 when towing also...towing 8500 lbs.:D
Haha yeah. Like I said I get 10 to 10.5 pulling these long hills where I live with 7K pounds. That's also running 75 mph. If I slowed it down to 65 or 70 I'd prob do better.

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
I took a pic of the magazine test. They were saying to skip the Ramboxes, skip the UConnect system, skip the air ride suspension, and skip the black wheel package.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
that's the lowest MPG I have seen yet, they must have really been on it.

I have seen way more tests with much higher.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Unbiased review..Love it.

301 - 320 of 360 Posts