Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One week old, in for "new vehicle prep". On day two of ownership, customer had Xpel film installed on entire front end, leading edge of roof, A pillars and rear bumpers.

Products:

Sonax High Gloss Shampoo
Nano Skin Auto Scrub
Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner
Eagle One A2Z
Stoners Trim Shine
Menzerna SI 1500
Klasse AIO
Zaino Z-2
Zaino Z-16 rubber and trim dressing
Einszettes WindscreenClear
Einszettes Cockpit Premium
Menzerna Professional Detail Spray

Über Lambs Wool wash mitt
Über boars hair wheel brush
Griots long handle wheel well brush
Daytona Speed Brush
Wheel Woolies
Über orange foam pad
Über green foam pad
Lake Country red foam pad
Über microfiber towels - assorted

Griots 6" DA
Griots 3" DA

Truck was only a week old, and after a through inspection, I decided a simple two step would undo what the dealer's hacks installed. Damage was very minor, just a few imperfections and minimum swirls.

Before:

After a quick wash and Nano Skin, I got to work on the minor corrections. My first pass was Menzerna SI-1500 and an orange pad. Pass two was with Klasse AIO and a green pad. Final sealant was Zaino Z-2. I uses to be in love with the Klasse/Zaino combo, but have strayed away from it lately. For this truck, I decided to go back to my roots and in the end, I fell in love with the combo all over again.

Afters:

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Mark

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks great! Can't wait to do a new vehicle prep on my '14 Platinum! I plan to polish with Meguiars M105 and M205 and seal it with Menzerna PowerLock. Might see if I can get more gloss out of it with Dodo Juice Wax.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I met the Dodo Juice guys at Detail Fest a couple months ago. Good Lord man, they must have 30 different waxes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Damn, I saw a bunch when I first was looking into them. But I like how they have a specific wax for a particular application.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts