Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Is there anyway to change the navigation map orientation when using the GPS? I took a look through the manual but came up short.

Let me explain. When you enter your destination and start driving, whatever direction you are going in the screen illustrates that specific direction. Ie., if you are driving east, the blue line for the road will be visualized horizontally on the screen. If you are down south, the blue line for the road will be illustrated downwards/vertically. The red dot will then follow your path. This makes it very challenging when turns up-ahead are anything but north because of how the screen is layed out.

In comparison, I'm use to using a Garmin GPS where the screen orientation is always facing straight up/north. So regardless if you are driving in N/S/W/E directions the screen rotates the image so you are visualizing straight up/north. This makes approaching turns much easier as it's simply left or right.

I hope this makes sense. Perhaps it's just a new GPS system interface that I have to get use to, however, I'd love to be able to change it if possible.
Any input would be great.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I believe you tap the top left corner of the touch screen to change the direction. I can't remember what it says there but maybe it says 3d or something. This is on the 2014 entune system.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe you tap the top left corner of the touch screen to change the direction. I can't remember what it says there but maybe it says 3d or something. This is on the 2014 entune system.
Thanks. I just double checked the manual moments ago and this is likely the way to change it. Sorry for wasting everyone's time ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts