Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well of course the "top end" JBL system sucks, so I HAD to at least replace the Subwoofer. No easy feat with the JBL system. LC6i converter, Hifonics 1000.1 from old system, 1.0 Farad Cap, and a Kicker 1000W 12" 2-Ohm Slim Shallow Subwoofer Sealed. Sounds pretty good, almost too much think before I turned down the gain a little. Next step down the line is to add 4 channel Amp and new door speakers.

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
33 x 12.5 Toyo Open Country RT
ToyTec/Eibach 3" Lift
Total Chaos Fabrication upper control arms

Sent from my S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wouldn't you know it there darn Capacitor took a crap, Bass sounded all muddy at high volume and then quit all together. Removed that and now the Bass is great. Even better than my old 12 inch Alpine (1 cu ft custom center console box) I had in the 2008 Tundy!

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
ToyTec/Eibach 3" Lift
JBL Entune with add on Kicker 1000W 12" 2-Ohm Slim Shallow Subwoofer

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
I tend to not use caps. I had a 4 farad cap before, and it didn't make much difference with 1300rms and 1/0 wire... It only delayed the headlight dimming.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you getting the input signal from the JBL Sub woofer or from a door speaker?
I have a similar setup and I am using a line-out converter with the Sub woofer speaker wire for my signal-in and I feel like the sub only plays the bass portion of any music I play. I'm going to try to pull signal from my rear door and see what that does.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
If you pull signal from the sub it's already been processed. You will likely find it performs way better from a full signal source.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just pulling from the original sub wire into a LCI6. Yes, processed, but sounds Damn good! Got the LCI6 for down the road if I want to add in an Amp for the door speakers. For now it sounds really good so not going to putz with it until I get that itch!

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
ToyTec/Eibach 3" Lift

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
where did you get that Sub box from ? I have been looking for a single sub box. I just ran all my wires 2 days ago and also pulled 2 wires from the amp under the passenger seat (JBL) that seems to be the Low out L+R. I may go an all in one route. I need to get some measurements. Its tight back there in the CrewMax

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
where did you get that Sub box from ? I have been looking for a single sub box. I just ran all my wires 2 days ago and also pulled 2 wires from the amp under the passenger seat (JBL) that seems to be the Low out L+R. I may go an all in one route. I need to get some measurements. Its tight back there in the CrewMax
Amazon for $175... Kicker 1000W 12" 2-Ohm Slim Shallow Subwoofer Sealed Enclosure
Just fits, had to take out the padding though. Replace that with stick on insulation from Lowe's.

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
ToyTec/Eibach 3" Lift

1 - 8 of 8 Posts