Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started experiencing a weird problem with my radio earlier today. My stock head unit was constantly resetting ever few minutes. Would be playing music, then the music would cut out and the unit would reset. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? 2014 SR5 4.6L 4x4 entunes no apps. If it happens tomorrow i'm going to take the truck to the dealership since its only 2 months old.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Look at the plastic face plate to the unit (bottom right corner), there will be a 5 digit number. Post the number here and I will see if I have info for it.

There is most likely an update that will reduce and/or stop the "rebooting". Only your dealer can install it, there is no cost for the update.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
model id:13lTDDANA-DA00
SAM ID AEAIBWGLMPP
HARD NO: 86140-0C040

Audio: 010183
Audio System: 000072
DSP MODULE 520020

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Well you have an SR5....look at the bottom right corner of the head unit (the plastic frame to the screen). There should be a number like 57068, 57070, or 57071, or maybe some upgrade version? Tundra has at least 8 different Entune systems for 2014.

The 010183 is an older version and it would sometimes "reboot" in certain head units.

IMO Toyota should find a way to make this a lot easier on dealers and their customers. It is virtually impossible to get real factual information on this stuff.

Also, do you happen to know what month your truck was made?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Was your cell phone connected? Mine was rebooting every time my phone received a SMS and the head unit went to read it... Phone got an upgrade and the rebooting seems to have stopped.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Mine decided to freeze driving on the freeway. Headunit went stupid but the radio continued to play - not able to alter anything via the head unit or the steering wheel controls. Then it went back to normal.

Side note:
Anyone experiencing something unusual with XM - when I use the steering wheel controls to scroll through it "cycles" back through already viewed stations.
EX: station 44 then I use the side scroll to 45, 46, then it cycles back to 44 to 46 then back again and again????

·
Registered
152 Posts
Anyone experiencing something unusual with XM - when I use the steering wheel controls to scroll through it "cycles" back through already viewed stations.
EX: station 44 then I use the side scroll to 45, 46, then it cycles back to 44 to 46 then back again and again????
It has categories that it will stay in if you scroll 1 by 1 Ie Rock, Pop, country

If you hold it you can break through and get to whatever channel you want. it takes a little to get to know but its actually kinda handy. I bookmarked one in every type so i could use up down to transfer category and then the sides to scroll through them.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Mine just started to do this today as well. My #57075 is in the bottom right corner. Seems to be doing it in time with a text message.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
It has categories that it will stay in if you scroll 1 by 1 Ie Rock, Pop, country

If you hold it you can break through and get to whatever channel you want. it takes a little to get to know but its actually kinda handy. I bookmarked one in every type so i could use up down to transfer category and then the sides to scroll through them.
So I took your advise to "Hold"...then I just shoot right past 20 channels

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Ok, the 57070 radio like you said can/may have the audio portion at 010183 like yours does.

The TSB 0006-14 (software update) would change that to 010185 in the 57070 radio.

That software update should fix the rebooting problem with that specific radio.

There is some speculation that the TSB 0006-14 may soon be superseded? But I am not certain about that, and if it is, it would be applied differently to all the models anyway.

I recommend this:

1) Confirm with your dealer that this TSB applies to your truck.

2) Before you insist that the update be performed have the dealer check with Toyota to find out if the TSB is soon to be replaced for application to your truck. If the dealer says that TSB is on hold or back order freeze, then that may be the clue that a new TSB is coming.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Mine just started to do this today as well. My #57075 is in the bottom right corner. Seems to be doing it in time with a text message.
Check you Audio Portion update screen: If you have version 010185, or 010195, or 0101A1 (the worst ever made).....then then above TSB I just posted for atamiya would apply.

In your case the audio portion will be changed to 0101A5, it should stop any rebooting problems.

Again I guessing this TSB will be soon be replaced, so have your dealer check with Toyota if there is something better coming to replace that TSB.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hey BigTex. My numbers are 57075 and has been resetting for the past month or so. I bought the truck when they first came out back in late August or Sept. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hey BigTex. My numbers are 57075 and has been resetting for the past month or so. I bought the truck when they first came out back in late August or Sept. Any help would be great.
Make a detailed list of the things it is doing, and take the list to your dealer.

There should be some software updates and/or hardware changes that can address some of the issues

The more owners that take these lists back to their dealers the more likely Toyota will step up to the plate and "fix the Tundra JBL Entune" problems and there are a "lot" of problems with this system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having an issue as well. I'll be listening to music and within 15 seconds the screen will switch over to GPS. So, I touch the screen for 3 seconds and switch it over to music again and yep, it switches back to GPS. I guess I'll be paying the dealership a visit again.
2014 crew max XP
<<rusted rear floor brackets and broken rear view mirror compass - both fixed now>>

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Old post, that's why I searched. However, my 2018 TSS SR5 is rebooting every minute. Anyone having the same problem on newer models. So, it looks as if it only does it when Bluetooth is on with iPhone connected.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Was your cell phone connected? Mine was rebooting every time my phone received a SMS and the head unit went to read it... Phone got an upgrade and the rebooting seems to have stopped.
Missed this. I'll update iPhone and check again. iPhone had an update in the que.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Weird as hell. But updating iPhone worked.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts