Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand for Front Pads & Rotors are you replacing and how is it working so far?

I normally go with Advanced Auto Parts house brand and that is pretty good.

I decided to try Hart's slotted rotors along with their ceramic pads this time - not so good.
Hart Slotted Rotors

10 months and 16k miles later and I have have a pulsing brakepedal. Pads look fine but the rotors have
grooves in them(both left and right side). I can feel it when I run my finger across the rotor.

Thanks In Advance,
-12vman

·
Registered
530 Posts
I went with R1 Concepts rotors and have been very happy with them.

Their performance pads generate a metric ton of brake dust, tho

·
Registered
945 Posts
Akebono Pro Act Ceramic Pads and Brembo Blank Rotors

·
Registered
22 Posts
I installed Stop Tech’s cryo dipped slotted rotors with Power Stop’s Z36 Truck & Tow Brake Pads last summer. They’ve been great, with minimum dust and zero noise. I choose them because I occasionally tow and also because I’m lifted and have oversized tires. They were also a great buy for the money and didn’t break the bank. I choose the Z36 pads over the EBC Green pads only because of the cost. But they turned out to be a great choice and my Crewmax SR5 still stops like new! Hope this helps your decision.
P.S. No matter what setup you go with, make sure you follow the manufacturers “bed in” or “break in” procedure exactly. It’s not fun, but I followed the directions to the tee and my results were excellent!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts