Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've called several places and received prices ranging from $1700-$1900 for single color basic package. I called the dealership I bought my truck from and they quoted me $1200 installed.

Does $1200 sound like a reasonable price for Katzkin installed?

Thanks
Travis

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had katzkin a with heated fronts done by the dealer (or at least the installer they use) and it was $1700. If you can get it for $1200 I say go for it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I had Alea Leather installed by my local custom shop. Black with red stitch and TRD embroidered head rests for $1200 after taxes. Alea follows the factory stitch patterns per Toyota stitch spec sheet. I love it! Soft supple leather.

Pic taken day of install before the leather tightened up over the next month.

Reactions: sean266

·
Registered
593 Posts
That is the going rate for OEM at dealers here in DFW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sounds reasonable to me. I have done katzkins twice and paid about that both times. That was a negotiated price, they charge more at my dealer, if you don't ask for a deal. of course seat heat and perforated inserts added a few extra hundred to the 1200. good luck

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I had katzkin leather installed through the original purchase for $1000 in my crewmax. Another local installer did the work.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulling the trigger on katzkin's. They should be installed next week. I decided to go with solid color, dark graphite. OTD price of $1,151.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I had Alea Leather installed by my local custom shop. Black with red stitch and TRD embroidered head rests for $1200 after taxes. Alea follows the factory stitch patterns per Toyota stitch spec sheet. I love it! Soft supple leather.

Pic taken day of install before the leather tightened up over the next month.
Did you only do the front seats?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Did you only do the front seats?
The whole truck. And don't mind the shitty shine look. I used those shitty mequires leather wipes and it gave the leather a cheap shine. After I researched how to care for real leather I bought some Griots Garage leather cleaner and leather lotion and now clean and condition the seats every 30 days. They are SUPER supple and now have their natural matte look. These pics were also taken the day of the install. The seats take 30 days in the heat to tighten up. All the wrinkles are gone. My truck looks as if it came from the factory this way.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The whole truck. And don't mind the shitty shine look. I used those shitty mequires leather wipes and it gave the leather a cheap shine. After I researched how to care for real leather I bought some Griots Garage leather cleaner and leather lotion and now clean and condition the seats every 30 days. They are SUPER supple and now have their natural matte look. These pics were also taken the day of the install. The seats take 30 days in the heat to tighten up. All the wrinkles are gone. My truck looks as if it came from the factory this way.

I like that a lot.

I have always used Lexol cleaner and conditioner. Smells like cow poop, but the seats look great. After a day it smells like normal leather again.

This might be exactly what I do next. I didn't think I cared about leather, but seeing how cheap it is and how good it looks. :dunno: might be a contender.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I like that a lot.

I have always used Lexol cleaner and conditioner. Smells like cow poop, but the seats look great. After a day it smells like normal leather again.

This might be exactly what I do next. I didn't think I cared about leather, but seeing how cheap it is and how good it looks. :dunno: might be a contender.
Try this
Leather Care Spray Kit - Interior Detailing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

You can find it at your local Discount Auto Parts store.

And yeah If I had factory black cloth I might have kept them but I had the ugliest grey seats I have ever seen lol. The leather changes the entire feel of my truck. best mod I've ever done on any vehicle I have owned.

BARF!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Try this
Leather Care Spray Kit - Interior Detailing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

You can find it at your local Discount Auto Parts store.

And yeah If I had factory black cloth I might have kept them but I had the ugliest grey seats I have ever seen lol. The leather changes the entire feel of my truck. best mod I've ever done on any vehicle I have owned.

BARF!
Ha,

Yeah I got the factory black cloth. Leather still looks legit, all I use Griots for is their water softener system. I'm not a fan of the rest of their line. Plus I have almost 2 gallons of Lexol in my house I need to finish up with.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
All the SR5 TRD trucks around me have that nasty grey cloth seats. I want the all black. The leather looks great though.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The black doesn't look too different? :dunno:
Looks different enough to not look nasty to me! Thx for the pics, I like the all black much better.

Reactions: Unclassified

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I got custom Black with Red inserts Katskinz done in my new 14 TSS 4x4 CM and it was $1900
Is that perforated as well? Parts + Labor? Looks great.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I got Katzkin single tone for $575.oo with free shipping and installation for $350.00 so $925.00 total. There is a dealer on Ebay from Mississippi selling them for that now, took 5 days to receive after I ordered, will post pics of install later this week.

·
Registered
593 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts