Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
As the title states, my interior cabin lights and the bed light on the exterior back of the cab flicker constantly when the doors are open or if they are manually turned on. The door switches seem to be ok, I tested them by checking for continuity with my volt meter. I am not sure what else to check or what I should do, and the dealership has pretty much asked for a blank check to troubleshoot the issue. Any suggestions on what I can do, try, test before handing over a blank check? Thanks in advance.

Sam

·
Registered
92 Posts
You've done some of the troubleshooting, good.
1) check the contacts on all bulbs which light up, making sure all do light up. (each bulb in/out 4 times)
2) check the connector on the switch to turn the lights on/off. (VOM ohms between the ON terminals should be 0.)
If all are good, keep checking. Remove all the light covers. Take a pencil and tap the eraser against each bulb, looking for the flicker. (It could be a broken filament which momentarily disconnects causing bright/dim/flicker.) Check the grounds if the bulbs ground at the light housing. Pull the fuse for the cabin lights and reinsert several times. If there is a relay for the cabin lights, check its ground. The last thing I can think of is to support the wiring which goes to the manual switch for the lights. Add a wire tie if it's loose, remove a wire tie if it's too tight, moving it back until there is no strain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, following up. My issue ended up being the dash switch that manually turns the cab lights on. It was damaged somehow and had a split wire. Once I fixed that, I have been good to go. Thanks for the feedback!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.