Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had TRD dual exhaust installed on my SR5 Crewmax and I have to say I love the sound and performance the exhaust added to the truck.

All that being said is there any market for me to sell my stock exhaust? The only reason I would sell is to fund other mods. If I could sell how much should I ask being that the truck only had 300 miles on it when it was taken off.

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The install is easy as changing a flat tire, I did not even have to jack up the truck. It will take about an hour and half, maybe two if you read and re-read directions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much did you pay installed for the exhaust? My local dealership wanted $1000 for just exhaust no install.
No cost for installation on my exhaust because it was part of the sale of the truck. Plus I purchased a number of accessories when I got my truck. I think the exhaust was $1100.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Can u post a pic, wanted to see how sits on the new body style.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
What other mods did you add?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I got mine for under $900 from Nashua Toyota in NH. I picked it up, but shipping was only 80 from them. Install took me a half hour with the back wheels up on ramps and my impact gun.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
looks good on the truck

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
How much did you pay installed for the exhaust? My local dealership wanted $1000 for just exhaust no install.
I paid ~$975 out the door for mine installed due to a pricing error on the part of the parts department. I literally check the quoted price with the service rep 10 times before I scheduled my appointment. The day of, I questioned it again multiple times and was reassured it was correct. 20 minutes after I dropped the truck off I got a phone call that they misquoted me. The parts department rep didn't know that the dual mufflers needed to be added to the total kit. I blame that on Toyota for not making the ordering fool proof. I wound up paying $200 more than they quoted me but I think I still got a good deal. No hard feelings, I just told them and they agreed that the parts guy needs to be retrained. I'm in retail and this sort of thing happens from time to time.

Yesterday I had TRD dual exhaust installed on my SR5 Crewmax and I have to say I love the sound and performance the exhaust added to the truck.

All that being said is there any market for me to sell my stock exhaust? The only reason I would sell is to fund other mods. If I could sell how much should I ask being that the truck only had 300 miles on it when it was taken off.

Cheers,
Steve
Wow...you and I have the same dilemma. Right down to the mileage. I have no use for the stock exhaust as I plan on keeping my '14 for quite a while. The problem will be shipping unless you can find someone local who will take it off your hands. If the market value is only $75 then the shipping could be almost as much due to the size and weight (I'm guessing).

I agree with you that the sound is fantastic but I'm not sure how much performance it added. All I know is when I get on it, I feel like the truck is flexing it's muscles more.

Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
add the super charger to it when becomes available, its a whole different beast that will leave you smiling everytime

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I live in the northeast and heard a few people say that superchargers don't work as well in colder climates. I primarily drive the truck when it snows and not too much otherwise. Over the last few weeks the temperature struggled to get above 25F. Any thoughts? I hope I'm misinformed as this would be an upgrade I would LOVE to get.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
688 Posts

Cheers,
Steve
This is the TRD Cat-back exhust system, right?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
It was a rare 10 degerees in Atlanta earlier this week, and I dropped my wife off at work and hauled azz home, it was fine. Typically, it is recommended that you let the engine get warm to the point where the temp is in the middle, I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the weather. Then again, that could be a seperate post you could do.

Also, all of you guys with the silver sky tundras, show your pics of your tundras on the silver sky tundra page

1 - 19 of 19 Posts