Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 2014 CM 1794 edition. I do not like the sound of the factory speakers. I want to keep head unit for now and just want to swap out all the speakers and tweeters that's needed if needed. I really like how bose sound. Others brands I had in past I liked also but its been in couple vehicles we had and really liked the bose. I'm not adding no amps or doing anything drastic just speaker upgrades. What all speakers is most swapping out? What brand speakers is everyone liking? Anyone here who has installed a bunch of bose speakers? Best priced place to order them from?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would look into OEM Audio Plus. They make a Plug & Play kit for Tundras with the JBL Sound System and use Factory Head Units.

OEM Audio Plus

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Not really sure anyone puts an audio system in a truck that I dont want to rip out and upgrade anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So what has to be upgraded? I read stuff on here a few changes head units and others don't and saying its not necessary. What is the options? I know its bassie don't like that. I know it don't sound as good as other speakers. I don't want to get into spending a lot of money and since navigation, back up camera and stuff on head unit did not want to swap it out but could. I would not swap it out unless there something that's really great to move up to that still does everything. So what are the little stuff to do to improve it and also what are the other steps going more expensive options to improve things?

On side note I sure wished my truck had front bumper sensors for when you parking or front end camera which I seen one on here someone came up. I liked it a lot may have to do that. Both Tundra and Sequioa both need them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand where everyone coming from. I have not found enough info to say what I should do to my system for in expensive upgrades. So guess replaces speakers wont be enough as the head unit or amp or whatever restricts its capability? So what are my options to do? I know mine has to much bass not as clear. would someone give me a break down of options from least expensive to expensive I can do? Another words detailed option list per choices I could do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.