Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...no not because something Toyota did but a damn kid texting. Right after I bought the truck new my wife backed into me in the driveway and had the bed replaced under insurance, this morning a kid in a lifted 2004 F 250 was on his phone and nailed me in rush hour traffic. Had my 7 yo daughter in the truck too. Saw him not slowing down in the rear view as I was at a dead stop so turned the wheel right to the shoulder and let off the brake right before impact. Saved me from going into the car in front of me as well from worse whiplash, daughter was screaming but from the sound not the impact, so far she is fine and that is all I really care about. I had the bed loaded with 500+ pounds of material/tools and barely felt the impact, this truck really took it well and minimized what we felt...Thank You Toyota The kid that hit me was under parents USAA policy and they wanted to put me in a small car rental as they said they didn't see the need to put me in a truck , told them to go to hell and for them being cheapskate bastards when I said I only wanted me truck repaired at Toyota and a comparable rental while it's being repaired, now they can deal with my insurance company and lawyer if anything underlining shows up...I've had 2 missed calls from them since I hung up. I've got Geico and they have been first class, told me they would take care of my deductible ect as I didn't want to pay it since it wasn't my fault as well provide a fullsize truck or cargo van as a rental. Don't see any damage to the cap or frame so we will see Wed, also have LineX Premium that will have to be sprayed, who wants to wager what the repair bill is? Passenger fender has a crease that is hard to see as well, my hitch went through his radiator as coolant was everywhere, made me smile a little bit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sad to see. Hopefully no frame damage. My friend's new Tacoma was rear ended like this about 2mo into ownership and it was a month long battle with the insurance once frame damage was found. Ended up totaling the truck and bought a new one.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Is it legal to talk/text down there without hands free?

Good you are ok.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Damn that sucks!!!

I left my receiver in my old truck for just that reason, you hit me I hope it goes thru your radiator. always towed 2" so I left my 2" in. Till last summer when my buddy needed me to tow 1-7/8........years being in Wisconsin that bad boy wasn't coming out.......

Glad you guys are

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Damn that sucks!!!

I left my receiver in my old truck for just that reason, you hit me I hope it goes thru your radiator. always towed 2" so I left my 2" in. Till last summer when my buddy needed me to tow 1-7/8........years being in Wisconsin that bad boy wasn't coming out.......

Glad you guys are
OP...glad to hear you and your daughter are ok. But yep...damn kids...hell not just kids damn grown ups who text and drive and not pay attention and hit people.

I do the same thing, leave the hitch in the receiver all the time. I have the same 3 ball hitch as well with the hook on the 4th side. Its nice to not have to dig around in the back of the truck for it so it makes more sense to just leave it in the receiver and just flip it to the right side depending on the trailer.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's great he actually had insurance by USAA. That is a very reputable company and has treated me well. I'm sure it will get taken care of. Glad your little one is ok.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
That's great he actually had insurance by USAA. That is a very reputable company and has treated me well. I'm sure it will get taken care of. Glad your little one is ok.
Just because *your* insurance company has treated you well does not mean they pay liability claims from non-clients. I wasn't kidding when I said Geico is Satan. The lies, fraud, and BS they pulled to get out of paying was truly amazing. I doubt USAA is any different.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You and your daughter are ok is all that matters. Tundra did its job; keeping you and your daughter safe. Always go through insurance because you can't trust anyone in today's world

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just because *your* insurance company has treated you well does not mean they pay liability claims from non-clients. I wasn't kidding when I said Geico is Satan. The lies, fraud, and BS they pulled to get out of paying was truly amazing. I doubt USAA is any different.
Well just because Geico is Satan doesn't mean all insurance companies are. USAA is one of the top rated insurance companies in the US. Geico isn't even close. You get what you pay for as they say.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Well just because Geico is Satan doesn't mean all insurance companies are. USAA is one of the top rated insurance companies in the US. Geico isn't even close. You get what you pay for as they say.

I had geico for about 10 years and was always satisfied with them. They always had some of the best rates and never balked at paying a claim or getting me taken care of.

I'm now with State Farm because that's who my wife was with when we met, and bundling everything it drops our home insurance 600 lower a year than anyone else could compare with.

I always give USAA a try when I'm shopping around, and they are always one of the highest. Was even going to give them a try for the new house we are buying, but they refuse to let you make biweekly payments so you can pay your loan down quicker. Been a USAA member for 12 years, and they've yet to earn any business from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
1) Geico is the best
2) Good for you for always being alert. I always get asked by passengers why I always look into my rerview mirror. Just cause the accident won't be your fault, doesn't mean you shouldn't try to avoid it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Pay for? I didn't pay for Geico, the guy who hit me did.

The OP already stated that Geico (his company) was treating him great and USAA was jerking him around.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Totaled, go test drive new truck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts