Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, Im in the market for a used truck. I am a long time GMC guy but they have decided that they dont care to lose a customer. I've been a GMC owner for the past 14 years. Too much oil consumption in the new 5.3L! I've never considered the Tundra for whatever reason but here I am. So, I've found a very clean 2014 Crewmax Platinum LOADED to the max. Nav, sunroof, leather, rear entertainment, etc...The dealer wants 31K and it has 85,000 on the odometer. I know his price is in line in my area. Is there anything with this truck I should be looking for that is a common problem? The autocheck shows 1 owner, no accidents and etc. I know this is a broad question but, is this thing half dead already? It drives\feels new. Thanks in advance, Jamie

·
Registered
159 Posts
First off, welcome to the club. I had the exact same scenario which brought me over to Toyota.

I cant speak for a 14 but search around here and you'll see the common issues. I think if you downgrade the package you could prob get lower miles. Either way you won't be disappointed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I see so many of these easily going 200K with regular maintanance I still can't decide if the mileage is scary or not. I wish I could find out if the TSB's were taken care of for the VIN# I am looking at. Would TOYOTA USA be able to tell me if they were performed? The dealer told me there was an outstanding side curtain airbag RECALL that needed performed but I'm moreso interested in the TSB's.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I see so many of these easily going 200K with regular maintanance I still can't decide if the mileage is scary or not. I wish I could find out if the TSB's were taken care of for the VIN# I am looking at. Would TOYOTA USA be able to tell me if they were performed? The dealer told me there was an outstanding side curtain airbag RECALL that needed performed but I'm moreso interested in the TSB's.

I would think going to a dealer would be able to tell you the history of what was done and what wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.