Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a lift for my 2014 1974 edition 2wd. I like the readylift 4/2 sst. I am also wanting to get shocks for front and rear to go along with it. I have had the idea of Fox or bilstein coilovers for the front and the bilstein for the rear. does anyone have any experience with a 4/2 and changing out the shocks do you have to modify the spacers for the front depending on the shock setting? I am not working with a huge budget under $2500 if I can. any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a set of 275/70 BFG all terrain mounted on 18'' Method wheels that I plan on running. my old 2007 had a daystar 3in front spacer with 2in block in the back. it was a little rough on the ride and also had some rake to it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Personally, I’d skip the readylift. If you weren’t happy with the ride of the 3” spacer on your 2007, then you prolly won’t be happy with the ready lift, either. It, too, uses a spacer to get lift in the front. It does come with a new UCA, but thus just to fix alignment issues.

If you aren’t 100% set on a 4”, a ~3” coil over lift can be achieved for the same/less money with much better results, IMO. Lots of options there. If you are going for a full 3”, you could do coil overs, UCA’s a block or shackle lift in the back, new shocks out back, and an alignment for $2500. A cursory search shows some fox 2.5 adjustable coil overs with aftermarket UCA’s for $1700

Of course they are out of stock at that supplier, (and I prefer Bilsteins to Fox) but you would need rear shocks (200 each to match), a block kit ($100 maybe? I don’t care much for them), and an alignment. Under budget.

You could try the rough country Vertex CO’s and let us k kw how they work out. You could do bilstein 6112’s on the highest setting (a little less than 3”). You could do Icon non-remote reservoir CO’s. Heck, King RR coil overs are $1700. UCA’s and rear shocks might push the budget but are prolly doable. If you can’t tell, I’m not a fan a spacer lifts. At a grand for spacers, UCA’s, and a block, I don’t see much value in the readylift SST other than simplicity.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well, let's start with A official hearty welcome for your first post... So it's official.... Every and all spacer lift pucks are rough riding... Pay once, cry once, any Coilovers lift out there is a huge improvement in ride, easy alignment, and just a better lift choice.... Price points varies from Fox/Kings top shelf to Toytec and eibach Coilovers lifts... Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts