Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to take my 2013 Tundra in to the dealer for a traction control light that is stuck on (something like brake pressure load sensing switch). Anyway my upper control arm ball joints are leaking and I wanted to see if they would replace them under warranty (which they probably won't) while the truck was in for the traction control light issue. I was checking around to see how much trouble it would be to replace the ball joints if the dealer comes back with some outrageous price to replace them out of warranty. I have found almost zero information on replacing these on a 2nd generation Tundra. I even went thought the parts diagrams at TRDSparks and cant find the ball joints for purchase. The one I did find were Moog K500018 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FRUR9U/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1. Does anyone have any information on
removal and installation of the upper ball joints? Thanks!

·
Registered
13,567 Posts
I have swapped the uca's, but not the balljoints. I have done them before on other vehicles, and the Moog's are out there for replacements.

You can likely find a set of near new take-off uca's as a lot of people swap them and then just have them sitting around.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I used the Moog OE replacements linked above in my Camburg aftermarket UCA's.
To do uppers you need to rent / borrow a ball joint tool set like this -

An electric or air 1/2" impact gun doesn't hurt either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts