Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2013 Tundra with Work truck package

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bennett22 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I just got my first Tundra (Former 4Runner Driver). It is 2013 Tundra 4.6L V8 with 36 000 miles on it. And it has work truck package. Dealer gave me one key that was not the original cut. So I said can you make me another key and and check if it came with keyless entry . First he said its cheaper for him to put aftermarket keyless system. I said I rather have original. He said ok I will get the original fobs for you. So next day I got my truck to the dealer and waited 3 hours to get the fobs programmed. At the end tech tells me they could not program it, then they called toyota tech center to check and they said to replace the body computer. Ask me to bring in the truck when they got the part. Yesterday i got the email saying they have the part and to bring in the truck. Called them to schedule . Now the guys tells me over the phone they realized my truck has Work Truck Package and it means the keyless system is permanently disabled so they will install aftermarket for me. I have a feeling they don't want to pay for the 2 remotes(they already gave me) and the body computer. What do you guys think.

Thanks for any info in advance ...

#2 ·
.....WORK TRUCK PACKAGE: Work Truck Package with Cruise Control: Includes Matte Black Upper and Lower Front Bumper with Matte Black Grille Surround, Heavy-Duty Vinyl-Trimmed Bench Seat, Heavy-Duty All-Weather Flooring, Black Instrument Panel, Two-Speed Windshield Wipers, and Cruise Control. Deletes Remote Keyless Entry, Courtesy and Foot Lamps, and Outside Temperature Gauge. Replaces 8-Way Driver's Seat with 4-Way Driver's Seat.......

Google is my friend.. Look in description of video...

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your Tundra.

It is interesting how the work package Tundra has a lot of features many members go for, black grille and surround, black bumpers, no pillar tape, fewer badges, no decal, etc. It's so much cheaper to boot. If I liked the look, I would have gone with the work truck package. One feature I would've loved to have is the front bench seat (my four children, wife, and I don't fit in my Tundra). When I was shopping for mine, I didn't come across any that had front bench.

Reactions: wgreenlee1021
#7 ·
My understanding is that adding keyless entry to a work truck is not trivial. It would be nice to have but not worth having to get a bunch of other crap to get it.

At least it came with power mirrors and cruise.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.