Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i decided to go ahead and throw up a build on here. I am more into car audio but however i am also into making things my own. So here i have decided to share with the forum my truck. I do have a few mods that i did already but i will start with the latest.

So here is the one i have been looking into was the head lights. I was going to just buy new ones but decided to save the change and just black the chrome out.

I have a few before shots and after is all i have for now.

The before

I will show some of ones i already did here later.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I so decided to add plasti dip and glossifier to the grill. Here are the pictures of the process. I only have the pictures of the grill and emblem. I will get pictures of them on the truck once it has cured completely. The instructions say a minimum of 8 hours be fore handling. So i still need like 7 hours as the pictures here are when its still a little wet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Also did my info buttons. Went from the blank to having 3.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I also switched from the standard heater control to the automatic one.
84010-0CC50 The heater control i needed.
88650-0C280 The A/C ECU module i needed
I also needed to have the aspirator hose and connector I dont have the part numbers to those. I needed to cut out a small piece behind the center part that has the lighter sockets so i could drill out the spot for the hose to fit into the hvac.
Here are some of those pics.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Now on to the back up camera. The next easiest mod to do besides the info button mod. I did have the home link mirror and switched it with the home link with the lcd display. But once i did the JBL radio mod the lcd on the mirror stopped work and would just only show a blue screen, i guess its because now it shows on the radio.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Now onto the Standard radio that had the blue display with sat radio to the JBL navigation swap. The hardest mod i have come to so far because i replaced the entire radio harness and installed the tuner assembly and the jbl amp. I had to remove the entire dash board for me to replace the radio harness.
86180-0C030 This is the part number to the tuner.
86280-0C150 This is the part number for the JBL Amp
82142-0C061 This is the part number for the Radio harness

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thank You all for complements.

So i did install some HID kits for all the lights Lows, highs, and the fogs.
I will show pic later of them at night but to show a problem i ran into was that i had the reverse all the polarities of the plugs to be able to use the locking tab. Here is the steps i took to do so.

First here was the plugs connector before removing the wires. Take note as to where the locking tab is and the color of the wires.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
I also switched from the standard heater control to the automatic one.
84010-0CC50 The heater control i needed.
88650-0C280 The A/C ECU module i needed
I also needed to have the aspirator hose and connector I dont have the part numbers to those. I needed to cut out a small piece behind the center part that has the lighter sockets so i could drill out the spot for the hose to fit into the hvac.
Here are some of those pics.

What did that run you if you don't mind me asking? Was thinking of doing the same.

Reactions: cuzican

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Everything bought for the heater control i got at an amazing deal for 125 shipped from ebay.

Reactions: mts6175

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Looking good, I'd love to have another 12volt charger

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Hilux,

I just bought the kit on ebay to do the temp control. it came with hose, black sensor, climate control cluster, and ecu. I know where the ecu goes (behind the glove box and the cluster (obviously), but I am a little confused about the white tube and sensor. It looks like according to your pics the sensor goes behind one of the buttons below the right side of the steering wheel but I am not sure where the other end goes or why you needed to cut out the plastic to make it fit?
Can you elaborate in more detail so I know what i'm getting myself into?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes the thermistor (black square piece) is attached to the back of the lower panel under the steering column. There is a spot for that has a few cuts in the plastic for it to breathe in the air from the cabin to get the cab temperature. That piece fits in there perfect. Has for the hose there is a white attachment on the end of it and this gets plugged right into the hvac. To get to the hole you will need to cut a small portion of the plastic to see where it goes. The hvac has a small circle that you will need to take a 7/8 spade bit to make a hole there and the hose attachment will plug right into there. If i get around to it i could maybe get a few different pics just let me know of which you are needing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I got the jist of everything. The only other question I had was I pulled the plastic down below the steering column but I don't see the green/black temp sensor wire taped up. It there another spot where it's taped or perhaps I didn't look far enough up inside the dash. I have a 2011 rock warrior sr5

1 - 20 of 23 Posts