Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 2013 tundra has given me an AIP error. Dont have a ODB reader but all the lights match a problem with the AIP system. I am planning on doing the DIY fix with a relay and 4.7K ohm resistor. I have read conflicting reports on whether this will work on a post 2012 tundra. Something about the ECU having a new version of software that disable the bypass? Has anyone with a 2013 Tu dra done the DIY delete?

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
You should probably pull some OBD codes before jumping to conclusions.
The lights you describe do not mean the AIPs have failed. The codes will tell you what's going on.
If in fact it is AIP related, would you not be covered by warranty?

·
Registered
791 Posts
The AIP are covered for 150k. When mine went out the dealer said they "couldn't warranty" it unless it threw 3 specific codes. It took then a while to make it threw the third but they did it. They replaced the AIP under warranty and all is still well, even after logging in a total of 221k on my 07'.

Have the codes pulled before you start throwing parts at it. No sense in spending money if you don't have to.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
1. I suggest you have the DTC codes checked. That light combination does not normally relate to an AIP failure.
2. The original DIY fix will not work on 2012+ trucks.
3. If it is an AIP failure your '13 is still within the 5yr powertrain warranty.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.