Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I am interested in purchasing a 2013 Toyota Tundra in snow country. I was sent some pictures of its undercarriage. See attached. Is this normal for trucks that are in snow country? Is this just surface rust? Something worse? I am getting it inspected by a Toyota dealer but would hate to make the flight out there is this rust it too much of a concern? If just surface do you advise getting it cleaned off? I am taking it to AZ where things don't really rust but don't want the rust on it to get worse.

Thoughts?
IMG_9054.jpeg
IMG_9052.jpeg

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
In all actuality, not too bad for a 13, I have seen way worse. You should be able to treat it from what I see, and keep it from spreading.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2000 and if you have a little more rust than me. I live in NC and have found that my truck has very little rust.

·
Registered
886 Posts
NOT great , but not too bad .
The rear diff is concerning , they leak at the rusty welds .

I would use this as a bargaining / price issue .
In all honestly i would pass . Who knows about the brake lines , E brake piviots and cables and EVAP fittings, and gas filler tube .
Looks like a NY truck . I am from MD , also in the rust belt . Hate it

·
Registered
212 Posts
I would not be worried about it. If you live in the South, it will not get worse. These trucks last a long time in the rust belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts