Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Look for BAMuffler threads. He does great exhausts by all accounts.... better than TRD and others avoiding to many. There are also YouTube videos with the, "sound" if you believe video is half as good in person. I don't have one yet, but am seriously thinking about BAMuffler as my only option.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
just drop your catback, its really not that loud at cruise but when you get on it, DAMNNNN. I havent had mine on in 11000 miles. 4 bolts, take 5 min. you dont like spend 5 more min. 14mm i believe.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I went with the BAmuffler original budget system. Shipped to my door for around $375. Sounds awesome. Highly recommend.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
I have an AERO Turbine XL with the tailpipe cut just after the axle. Sounds great at WOT and no drone.

I've heard the BAM systems and the sound great, just a bit loud for me as I can be in the truck for 8 hours straight some days.

Your choice, but call Keith at Dirty Deeds, he does great work.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Do the aftermarket mufflers/exhaust affect the factory warranty ?
As long as the muffler or change is behind the cats then no it doesn't affect the warranty. If your told that a free flowing muffler caused a problem, one have them prove that the muffler caused the problem and 2 remind them of the Magnusen Moss act.

·
Registered
738 Posts
That was the price shipped to my door. The budget system is a catback. Basically you remove the stock muffler and replace with two straight pipes into a "Y" pipe and use the stock tail pipe. I will snap a pic tmrw. It only takes about 30-45 minutes to install. You only have to remove 4 bolts.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I'm not sure what your budget is, my 8" system is the most popular. If you're budget is limited then the price of my budget system is comparable to the cheaper alternatives except that you don't have to permanently butcher up your exhaust which makes the budget system fully reversible since it's a bolt on system. Also, the original budget system has no drone on the freeway which is something unheard of at that price point.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
All standard bolt on's are free shipping to anywhere in the lower 48.

The race systems on the other hand:dunno:

The TRD system is nice too:), but the BAmuffler system is full customizable and all material used to produce the BAmuffler systems are twice as thick:lol5:

·
Registered
164 Posts
The TRD has been a pleasant surprise. I'm happy with it. It was simple, quick and easy. Nevertheless, Keith really knows his stuff and can build you exactly what you're looking for. After speaking with him on the phone, I was convinced that he definitely knows more about the Tundra's exhaust system that most Toyota employees!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
All standard bolt on's are free shipping to anywhere in the lower 48.

The race systems on the other hand:dunno:

The TRD system is nice too:), but the BAmuffler system is full customizable and all material used to produce the BAmuffler systems are twice as thick:lol5:
I am in Canada, that was the nail in the coffin :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts