Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
my buddy got a grade double cab 4wd 5.7 has a few extra's for 29k out the door so 35 is pretty good

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
That's right where I got mine before adding my trade value and It took some heated arguing I keep it there. Is it a dc or crewmax? Either way I say pull the trigger of you are getting the 0% interest.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got my RW with all of your options along with carpeted mats and bedliner for 33k, this was for a '12 in April '12, so 35k this late in the season seems a bit high.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am trying to hold out as long as I can. I cannot get them any lower. I even went to another dealer and tried that angle with no luck. I may have to pull the trigger soon. Its getting late in the season and I do not want to wait for the "big sale" and then there are no Rock Warriors left. its a good thing they are offering 0% right now.
Even used RW's are selling for about the same price as new ones, so theres no deal there either.

Jason

·
Registered
738 Posts
I paid $37500 for my 2013 CM RW in April. It was $3500 under invoice. I think it's a fair price

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I ran your options through USAA Car Buying service. It is part of the Zag car buying network. The target price was $36828 with 0% financing/$1000 customer incentive that brings the price down to $35828. I seems to be in the ballpark.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Ballbark seems to be about the best that I will get. Are trucks cheaper in other areas? Ill travel for the best deal. Ill ride my motorcycle and load it into the truck for the return trip.

Heres a truck in PA that seems like a real good price. I wonder if they have any DC RW's.
Toyota : Tundra CREWMAX TRD ROCK WARRIOR 5.7L 4X4 in Toyota | eBay Motors

Jason
Are you really in the market for a Rock Warrior? The reason that I ask is that a couple of features would have been nicer to have on the TRD Offroad Package on the Double Cab. Here are a few of the differences:

1. TRD RW loses the power sliding rear window. Believe me, I have had two trucks without it. My current Toyota is a RW. It is a pain not to have the power feature and I rarely use the slider now.
2. TRD RW loses the 8 way power seats. But, the RW has a good manually adjusted seat for me. It really depends on personal preference.
3. TRD RW gains the painted grill and rear bumper.
4. TRD RW adds about $1100 additional for the wheel package over the SR5/Offroad Package option.

The TRD Offroad/SR5 package is about $1500 less than the RW truck priced in my earlier post. If you intend to modify the truck in the future, I would save the $1500 now. In my case, I installed a 2.5" leveling kit so nothing drastic requiring new wheels and tires.

Reactions: riccnick

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well, I have been looking at a TRD 4X4 too. It does have the power back window and the other typical stuff.
EV
MN
OF
SP
TO
CF
LU
Sticker price on this truck is 38,695. I believe the USAA pricing is about the same as the RW. I am a USAA member.

They are stuck at about 35,400 OTD for this one also. I was wrong when I said 35,000 for the RW. Its 35,500 OTD.
I have owned a 4X2 TRD tundra and a RW before and really miss my truck. Its just a matter of time but I want the best deal possible.

Jason

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think you are doing ok at $35,000 out the door..
I just bought the same truck except with Navigation(MSRP was $40,577)and couple different smaller options..

I paid $20,100 PLUS traded in my 2006 Tundra DC TRD 4X4 which had a KBB trade in value of $14,600 and $13,000ish on Edmunds....

I think it was worth $16,000ish? and they have it on their lot for $21,000(doubt they will get that much for it)
on paper they gave me $17,500 plus I save another $1,100 in taxes..

I think you're price is decent.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the RW CM Limited, sticker was $49,975. Automatic $3K rebate, talked them down another $5K, because I was paying cash. Walked out the door paying $28K after trade in Don't know which RW you are looking at but mine has all of the options, but nav, dvd, and cooled seats. Hope that helps

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dealers seem willing to go $5.5K-$6.3K off MSRP (including the $3K rebate) on an equipped DC or CM RW (MSRP $40K-$44K). A few will go near $7K and even a couple offered up to $7.5K-$8K off. Because RW's sell fast (as one dealer said "as soon as they're on our lot"), any price $6K+ off MSRP is good. Waiting for the 2014 to get a lower price on a 2013 may backfire because many salespeople secretly confess they prefer the look of the 2013. Any way you slice it, you'll probably spend thousands on mods, so you'll probably soon forget a few hundred bucks (one way or the other) on a great $40K+ truck which will provide years of enjoyment.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would jump on it. I got my RW D/C for 35 OTD

JASON

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Does anybody pay tax, title & license anymore? :confused: Taxes & registration are killers in SoCal.....at least there are no tolls on the freeways, but you've got to add about 10% to the price to get to OTD.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts