Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha from Hawaii fellow Tundra owners,

I ordered my Magnetic Grey Metallic Platinum Feb 22 and I finally signed the papers yesterday!!
They already installed the TRD dual exhaust and sway bar and are finishing the supercharger install now and I will FINALLY pick her up Monday!!
I found this site in March and became a member in April but didn't want to post until I actually at least signed for it. I want to thank alot of you on here for giving me great ideas for mods and BIG Mahalos to Big "Joe" Tundra who will be getting my headlights, tails and fogs as soon as I can get them in the boxes next week for some of his "mod magic" he does so well and for all his advice on mods, HID kits etc. I'll be taking the virgin pics at the dealer and at home before I start bolting on the other mods.
Let's see.... she gets the 35% front and 5% back tint Thursday, Saturday 4WheelParts will install the 5100 Bilsteins, dif drop and new 325/50R20 Dick Cepec Radial FCII wrapped 20x9.5 Enkei ST6s. If it is needed, they'll install the 1" Ready-Lift block in back, but their experience with Tundras is it wouldn't be needed to level it. Color-matched OEM fender flares to help tuck them in, full Bedrug, PowertraxPro remote bed-cover, blue LEDs for the interior, MENGMotorsports HID kits for the High beams & Fogs, Big "Joe" Tundra gonna do the colormatch headlights with LS460 projectors, plasma halos and tinting, plasma halos in the fogs and red tint the tails. Oh yea, last but not least, I had to resurrect and format my 'old' XP laptop to get the Techstream software & cable ready to plug in. I'm sure someone will give me more ideas, but these will do for now.
Yup, this forum got me MOD HOOKED waiting for delivery!! But, the wait gave me time to sort things out and get her set up the way I want her right from the start.
Mahalos again to this forum, the questions asked, the answers given and links to info. Lots of pics to come.

Aloha, gscmtundra

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Since you are changing out parts, let me know if you decide to change out grill. I might be interested in grill and stock platinum wheels and tire, but I am getting ahead of yourself, Mahalo :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since you are changing out parts, let me know if you decide to change out grill. I might be interested in grill and stock platinum wheels and tire, but I am getting ahead of yourself, Mahalo :D
Grill stays for now, but was thinking of selling the stock platinum wheels. I'm in Kapolei and my garage is too small to keep them for too long. Will post on here when I get to that.

gscmtundra

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
sah-weeet.

welcome

·
Registered
110 Posts
Awesome truck. Love the lagoons at Ko 'Olina. Very nice they have Costco there too. It'll be pretty cool cruising the H's in the new Tundra with the back glass down. Enjoy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Not on the streets of Oahu yet....

All the way up until this morning I was picking her up... then I get a call and am told, "You were right, the ECM flash did not take". After all the times I asked them to VERIFY BEFORE installing the SC if they had a good flash, I guess they just didn't believe me. I read on here about the issue with the post March 2013 builds and I specifically told them check..... oh well I digress.
So now they are looking for, you guessed it, a replacement ECM. At least they are looking. I was told if they cannot find a replacement ECM it will be 4-6 weeks to get new "calibration codes". Unbelievable.
Oh well, let you all know what my next date will be.

Bummed and mad as hell..
gscmtundra

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Howzit gscmtundra from the Big Island. Sounds like a nice addition to the Hawaiian platinum club. If you don't mind me asking, how much did servco charge for the S/C?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Howzit gscmtundra from the Big Island. Sounds like a nice addition to the Hawaiian platinum club. If you don't mind me asking, how much did servco charge for the S/C?
Aloha and thanks for the welcome,
It actually wasn't the dealer who installed it, it is their port facility that is doing the install. So not sure if the price would be the same but it was $6800 for the option. I also checked the cost of getting the TRD exhaust and sway bar here with shipping and I actually got them installed for a little less getting them with the truck purchase. So, considering the full warranty that comes with getting the SC installed now, I figured it was worth it.
I've seen two other Mag Grey Platinums here on Oahu. So there is a Hawaiian Platinum Club?

gscmtundra

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Nah, no club, just not many from Hawaii on these forums, much less platinums :p What is a port facility? Did you buy through Servco or out of sate?

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
sup [email protected] [email protected], it's been a while. I've been uber busy, so haven't had much time to mess with the truck or the forums. I check in here and there. How ya been?

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Guam and I am guessing Hawaii gets their tundras from certain ports. For instance, Guam would only sell two types of CM 4x4's, a TRD SR5 and a Limited with the 20" wheels, moon roof and dvd entertainment ceiling console. That is the only ones they bring in. I am guessing gsmc is ordering it built at the south east port or something. That price sounds like Sparks is installing or something.

GSMC, make sure they get the flash for the supercharger right. Another member on here just installed S/C on new 2013 and had problems with the ECU reflash. Some sort of problem with the later model 2013 Tundras.

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Threadjack begin, Alaaaaaa Akbar:

Not much, P. Family all settled in but this single income two kids jazz is tough. But I am loving it. Spent my first 40 being a GU eyelander and getting to know my mom's side. Now I get to spend the next 40 getting to know my Waipahu roots.

My truck on the slimfast diet for mods right now til I get some breathing room.

Other then that, I am enjoying the broke the mouth food. Busy for you is good. More work more mods :D

LOL I was just as interested in hearing about the S/C install. I knew it was too good to be true if Servco was installing. :D

I just paid mine off couple of months ago. Trying to take my own advice and not think about another 5 years of indentured Servico-tude

sup [email protected] [email protected], it's been a while. I've been uber busy, so haven't had much time to mess with the truck or the forums. I check in here and there. How ya been?

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
I hear that, enjoy the payment free ride!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guam and I am guessing Hawaii gets their tundras from certain ports. For instance, Guam would only sell two types of CM 4x4's, a TRD SR5 and a Limited with the 20" wheels, moon roof and dvd entertainment ceiling console. That is the only ones they bring in. I am guessing gsmc is ordering it built at the south east port or something. That price sounds like Sparks is installing or something.

GSMC, make sure they get the flash for the supercharger right. Another member on here just installed S/C on new 2013 and had problems with the ECU reflash. Some sort of problem with the later model 2013 Tundras.
NO worries, they are taking the supercharger off for now, couldn't find an ECM to use. When the new codes come out they will call me and install it for good.
As far as the 'port', that is what they call the installation facility here on Oahu where the truck gets the extras like TRD exhaust, sway bars, superchargers etc. She was built in Texas, railed to the west coast and shipped here. The flash will not take because after March 2013 builds already have the air pump update. So, until they come out with a rewrite with "my ECM's numbers", I will wait for the supercharger to be installed. I am told it should be ready for pickup tomorrow. Fingers crossed....
gscmtundra

1 - 20 of 35 Posts