Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a CrewMax with Towing/Convenience and bed liner.

I found a 2013 with 3500 miles and got them down to 30,300. I Almost bought it but I thought it was dumb to buy a USED/Certified truck with 3500 miles for $700 less then a new truck.

My theory was that the 2013's prices should drop with the 2014 hitting soon. Should I wait in hopes of lower prices in a month or two from now on a 2013 or buy one now for 31k?

MSRP: 38,030

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have no proof behind my statement but I'd assume for the first 8-12 months there won't be nearly as much give in the 14s. Now if you could find a new 13 when the 14z have been out for a few weeks you could probably get the best deal on one

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
If you think you are going to get a 2014 Crewmax for $31,000 I think you will be in for a rude surprise.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I don't expect to get a 14 for that low.

I was talking about BIGGER deals on a 2013 once the 2013 was on the lot. Like getting a 2013 CM for 30k rather than 31k. Dealer said he doubts that any additional discounts would be 500 or less

Dealer told me today though the MSRP on a 2014 Crew was 38,5XXX so only 500 more. Obviously no good rebated until later in 2014. They have a 2014 coming in and he was quoting the MSRP on that truck. It was Labeled a CrewMax sr5, which I said makes NO sense at that price

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
They are not going to discount the 2013's, they don't have to b/c so many people don't like the 2014 as much. As for the 35,5XX price on a CM SR5, not sure why that sounds high as that is actually about right, they are not cheap man.

No I don't expect to get a 14 for that low.

I was talking about BIGGER deals on a 2013 once the 2013 was on the lot. Like getting a 2013 CM for 30k rather than 31k. Dealer said he doubts that any additional discounts would be 500 or less

Dealer told me today though the MSRP on a 2014 Crew was 38,5XXX so only 500 more. Obviously no good rebated until later in 2014. They have a 2014 coming in and he was quoting the MSRP on that truck. It was Labeled a CrewMax sr5, which I said makes NO sense at that price

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was expecting the 2014 SR5 to be HIGHER than 35,5XX

However it looks like the "Grade" option as we know it currently will be the "SR5" for 2014 and is the base package for the 2014 so I guess he was right.

However, the whole reason I wanted a "Grade" with tow/cnv pkg was the split front sit. In case I needed to squeeze in another passenger. It looks like this IS NOT an option in the 2014

http://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2014/tundra_ebrochure.pdf

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
StevenD I know of about 20 of them in a 200 mile radius with towing/cnv and atleast a dozen more SR5/Limited

I love that the backup camera is standard and the touch screen radio in 2014. I hate the stamped tailgate ans the loss of the center seat.

I think the shifter in the bench seat models on the column is UGLY as hell but for the extra seat I was willing to deal with it. Maybe I should have bought the 3500 mile truck for 30,300 2 weeks ago. It had alloys tow/cnv/bedliner but I chickened out....

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Thanks for posting those links. It looks like the prices are actually going down for 2014. That might make up for the lack of incentives early on. What sucks for me is the brochure confirms the RCSB SR5 is gone, leaving the regular cab as a stripped-down turd. Guess its time to modify the garage for a DC-not the type of mods I was hoping for!

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I would go ahead and start looking to pull the trigger NOW if you want a 2013. There is a kind of diminishing returns thing going on when you play the waiting game in the last model year before a redesign comes out. I tried to buy a brand new previous Gen F150 late in the year before the 04s came out and had trouble finding any equipped like I wanted. It was the same thing when I bought my 04 Dakota Quad Cab, purchased prior to the 05 redesign. Not many to pick from at all when I went shopping in October of 04. Alot of people have the same idea as you. If you wait too long you could screw yourself out of the truck you want. I certainly would do it by the end of this month if I were you. Toyota doesn't build alot fo trucks to begin with.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stranger: Yes SR only in the regular cab and its considered the "work truck" like you said a stripped turd!

So I found conflicting info about the front seats. May need to call the dealer tmrw!

The PDF from Toyota shows no bench option available. However the press release says it will be. If this is true I will 100% wait until next summer and get a 2014 with decent rebates. The 2014 CM SR5 will have standard backup cam and standard 7" touch screen.... That is enough to make me hold out. The design is ok but not as nice as the current setup.

Toyota | Toyota Unveils 2014 Redesigned Tundra Full-Size Pickup Truck at 2013 Chicago Auto Show

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like I read it wrong!

I am holding out for a 2014 even though the grill and tailgate are ugly. I love the touch screen and new steering wheel. I wasn't a fan of the old steering wheel. Wish the SR5 was standard with alloy not steel POS rims

Standard in 2014 SR5:
Fabric-trimmed 40/20/40 split fold-down front bench seat; 4-way adjustable driver’s seat;
4-way adjustable front passenger bench seat

·
Registered
540 Posts
Looks like I read it wrong!

I am holding out for a 2014 even though the grill and tailgate are ugly. I love the touch screen and new steering wheel. I wasn't a fan of the old steering wheel. Wish the SR5 was standard with alloy not steel POS rims

Standard in 2014 SR5:
Fabric-trimmed 40/20/40 split fold-down front bench seat; 4-way adjustable driver’s seat;
4-way adjustable front passenger bench seat

Crap, I did not even realize that until you mentioned it. That kinda sucks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I would have gone with certified Tundra. I just got a 2012 certified double cab with 5000 miles on it. You still get the remainder of the 3ry/36k bumper to bumper warranty, but the powertrain goes to 7yr/100k when it is Toyota certified.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought the same way, I love the crew max and can't wait to get one. But you'll be glad you've got the dc with babies/ small kids.
My daughter is only 6 months old and I just got a cap on my dc because I neede the extra room to haul all her stuff on vaca.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts