Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in my SR5 for a 4x4 Platinum recently and while I'm getting my new tires/wheels + level kit on they are letting me use this. I was just joking when I asked if they would let me have a brand new Limited Avalon, apparently they were cool with it lol. It's a pretty sweet ride, has a lot of get up and go. Really luxurious inside too. The new Toyota head unit has apps now for Pandora, etc..

Here's a couple pics along with one of the truck before I brought it in this morning for it's makeover.

· Registered
1,443 Posts
my wife has the previous generation and we love it. Every now and then the wife comes home with a big smile on her face, and usually has a kill story for me lol.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my wife has the previous generation and we love it. Every now and then the wife comes home with a big smile on her face, and usually has a kill story for me lol.
Yeah, I just let my wife drive it and now she wants to trade her 4runner in for it... Just took it out at night and they have those auto hi beams, pretty cool stuff.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
Love the new Avalon, haven't driven one yet but heard it drives nothing like the old one, much sportier. Interior is very luxurious and well made.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· Registered
755 Posts
Yeah, I just let my wife drive it and now she wants to trade her 4runner in for it... Just took it out at night and they have those auto hi beams, pretty cool stuff.
Ahhhh, looks like there was a method to the dealer's madness in giving you the Avalon loaner after all.
Probably the same reason why a dealer let me do a "24 hour test drive" when I was looking to buy my first Toyota (4Runner).]
It only cost my dealer two gas tank fill ups to make the sale (1 for the test drive and 1 when I bought it).
The only question for you is will an Avalon be your wife's next vehicle? :D

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only question for you is will an Avalon be your wife's next vehicle? :D
Oh hell no.. She has a 2011 Limited 4Runner, she don't need no better than that lol.. Although I am surprised it doesn't have a few things like cooled seats, memory seats, and an automatic lift for the back gate...

· Registered
755 Posts
Oh hell no.. She has a 2011 Limited 4Runner, she don't need no better than that lol.. Although I am surprised it doesn't have a few things like cooled seats, memory seats, and an automatic lift for the back gate...

I agree. Don't think you mentioned she had a 2011 4Runner Limited. She will have to "make do" with that for a least a few more years before it's time for something new for her. ;):D

· Registered
5,147 Posts
We picked up a '12 Camry with the V6/6 speed auto. IMHO that power train is world class and Toyota does not get enough props for it.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not trying to be a hater but i would rather look into a genesis sedan 5.0 around same price, more power, more feature and i believe very similar mpg.
Whoa, never even heard of the 5.0 until you wrote that. Looks really nice, pretty big engine too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.