Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All I just got my Truck 2 days ago and I’m not sure if I have a problem or it’s just my head is playing tricks on me. BTW this is my first truck always driven a ford e250 cargo van before with v8 engine. So here is my problem. When I drive the my truck I don't feel like it has a lot of power and my engine does sound like its struggling when I press the gas. When I say I power I mean the truck doesn’t have move fast and it makes a lot of noise. (Revving noise) I always look at the RPM gauge and it seems like it goes from 1000 to 2250 rpm when I push the gas. Also when I switch from auto to manual the number on my dash is always on number 4??? The reason I think I have a problem it’s because of the engine noise and also by comparing the power I had on my old e250 cargo van. Please reply if you think I’m crazy or if you had the same situation.

Thanks in advance

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Take it in to dealer. Should still be under warranty. Sounds like it is trying to take off in higher gear. Does it allow you to manually downshift then shift up at appropriate speeds?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I put it on Manual it does let me downshift and upshift if needed.. I was just worried why every time I put it on Manual its always show on 4th gear.

Thanks man

·
Registered
136 Posts
When engaging manual shift mode... It will ALWAYS shift into fourth.. As for the the reving. My guess its a new truck and the computer is still breaking in maybe? Just a guess. Im at 19k on my truck, shifts like a dream, plenty of power and it always goes into fourth during manual mode. (Ive never had to engage manual shift mode from stop. Im guessing then itll go into first. Or least I dont remember ever shifting into manual at a stop lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts