Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Toyota tundra 4x4 and having trouble getting it into gear.
I turn on the truck and try to get it to drive but the shift lever wont move at all. the only way to get it into drive or any other sports like reverse is to hold the manual discharge button then put it into drive.

I noticed the left rear taillight is out completely and the right side goes on but the brake light wont go when pressing on the brake and the 3rd brake light wont go on either. When putting my signal on to turn right the clicking noise goes extremely fast vs the left side with clicks normal speed.

The lights that are showing on the dashboard is the abs and want looks like the traction on the far left gauge

Someone please help.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I seem to remember reading on here that the circuit that runs through the brake pedal limit switch for the brake lights, is the same one that triggers the shifter park-gear interlock solenoid. So I think that would be a quick test first step to see if that circuit has power and the fuse is not open. In normal operation you might hear the 'click' from the shift interlock solenoid when you tap the brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
I seem to remember reading on here that the circuit that runs through the brake pedal limit switch for the brake lights, is the same one that triggers the shifter park-gear interlock solenoid. So I think that would be a quick test first step to see if that circuit has power and the fuse is not open. In normal operation you might hear the 'click' from the shift interlock solenoid when you tap the brake pedal.
Exactly, if the brake fuse is blown then the transmission will not shift out of park because it cannot sense that the brakes are being applied.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright thanks guys!!! im going to take it tomorrow to see if its the fuse that's cause the problems.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Take it? Like to the dealer? For a fuse? Maybe take it if you replace the fuse and it blows again....just try a new fuse first.

Reactions: Powertechn2

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how do I check to see if its the fuse that's blown out? Im kinda bad at that kind stuff haha im sure its something super easy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Did you get this fixed bro? I literally ran into this problem this past Tuesday. I replaced the brake pedal switch and I still cannot get out of park.

My symptoms are:
no brake/DRL/parking light working, windows do not roll down, cannot get out of park
ABS, TRAC, E-brake, check engine lights are on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get this fixed bro? I literally ran into this problem this past Tuesday. I replaced the brake pedal switch and I still cannot get out of park.

My symptoms are:
no brake/DRL/parking light working, windows do not roll down, cannot get out of park
ABS, TRAC, E-brake, check engine lights are on.
What ended up being your issue? I gave a 2008 and gave same lights on and issues.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts