Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

New here. I have been to multiple shops and dealers with no clear answer for my issue, so i thought i would try here. Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death before.

I have a 2012 tundra platinum edition with 125k miles on it. It does have a bit of lift on the front with a 1 inch spacer. I purchased it back in march for a very fair price for the miles it had on it knowing i would have to do some work to it. I noticed a very distinct shudder in it though about a week after purchasing.

Fast forward to now, i have done alot more work than I hoped for. I have replaced:
Brake pads/rotors
Tires
transmission
carrier bearing
entire driveshaft
front shocks/struts

The shudder is there on the acceleration but not as bad as it is when slowing down. Assuming its because i am putting force on whatever is causing the shudder. It starts from 20 MPH and gets worse as i get to 10mph and stops. There is one last big shudder at 12mph. These speeds at which it shudders doesnt change. When i am slowing down and shift into neutral before the shudder starts, there is no shudder at all.

Anymore ideas of what it could be? The carrier bearing has been dropped as far as an inch with no improvement on the shudder (dealer recommendations). The only thing the dealer recommends now is to remove the lift spacer. I feel like that wont help due to it not shaking when in neutral. I am tired of throwing money at it with no change in the issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a dumb question here but is the torque converter not replaced when you get a new transmission? My knowledge of vehicles really stops at simple things like brakes, oil changes, and other simple maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts