Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck turns over but will not start. Code shows misfire in cylinder 6. Changed the coil and fuel pump. Went to change the spark plugs and oil came gushing out. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
540 Posts
If you mean you pulled the coils and oil came gushing out, then your spark plug tube gaskets need to be replaced. Oil will eventually fill up the spark plug tube when these leak. If you meant when you removed the spark plug and oil came gushing out, I’m not even sure how that’s possible given you said the engine turns over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck turns over but will not start. Code shows misfire in cylinder 6. Changed the coil and fuel pump. Went to change the spark plugs and oil came gushing out. Any suggestions?
I completely typed
If you mean you pulled the coils and oil came gushing out, then your spark plug tube gaskets need to be replaced. Oil will eventually fill up the spark plug tube when these leak. If you meant when you removed the spark plug and oil came gushing out, I’m not even sure how that’s possible given you said the engine turns over.
That wrong. Sorry about that. I meant to say I changed the spark plugs and I went to change the coils and oil gushed out. If the spark plugs tube gaskets are bad would that cause the truck not to start? Would I just need to replace the tube gaskets and try to soak the excess oil up?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes, if the spark plug tube is full of oil, you will get misfires. I would replace the gaskets first before buying any more parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so all of the spark plug tube gaskets have been replaced. The truck is now showing 8 different codes. p0351 p0352 p0353 p0354 p0355 p0356 p0357 p0358. I replaced all 8 coils and made sure the connections are good and the engine turns over but still will not start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts