Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been troubleshooting CEL and error P0101 for quite some time on my 2012 Tundra V8 4.6. So far I've:

Replaced the MAF
New air filter filter
Cleaned the throttle body.

Some times after the error I'll get other errors like P0175 - Too Rich shortly after the P0101.
Also had the truck shut off and A/T Oil Temp light flash on for a sec which kills the truck, but starts right back up. Done this 2-3 times over the past year or so. A/T temp is fine and not overheating or anything. Maybe it's related, maybe not.

I can clear the code and it goes away for a few weeks, but comes back. Seems to happen after I've been driving it for a while around town or a lot in one day (45mins or so). The truck also seems to be shift a little rough. Not sure if it's related but seen others mention something similar. Thoughts on other things I can try or how to isolate the issue?

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm having the same issue. It's happened 3 times now I'm the last 6 months and seems to correct itself if I unhook the battery to reset ECU. I'd like to find out what I should look for. I also changed the mass air flow sensor as well as plugs and belt. I'm at 175,000 miles and have a 2012 with the 4.6l v8

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would look for wiring damage caused by critters first and if that turns up negative, then I would strongly look at the ECM being the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, still having the same issue here. Seems to be happening more frequently now. Getting Running RIch on both sides P0175 and P0172. Always starts w/ P0101. RUns and shift rough when its happening and almost limp mode but not quite. I will probably end up taking it to a shop to diagnose. I've seen people say Fuel pump (in the tank), ECM, O2 sensors, etc.. Don't have the time or money to throw at the wrong things. Just need to try and find the time to drop it off for diag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts