Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Current have the entune head unit in my 2012 Tundra. I just ordered the Joying 8" unit

https://www.carjoying.com/head-unit/s-v/toyota-head-units/joying-aftermarket-toyota-universal-new-android-5-1-1-lollipop-auto-radio-replacement-8-inch-double-2-din-intel-sofia-3gr-4-cores-fm-am-rds-gps-navigation-system-support-backup-camera-bluetooth-wifi-mirror-link.html

And I'm starting to put together a list of things i will need/make so that i won't have to cut the factory harness and still retain all my factory stuff (swc, backup camera, gps antenna, bluetooth mic). This is the unit in my truck

This is the back of what the unit looks like (stole the pics from this forum somewhere)

So far this is what I've figured out
1:FRONT SPEAKERS
2:REAR SPEAKERS
3:USB
4:
5:GPS ANTENNA
6(K32):FACTORY MIC
7(K6):SPEED/REVERSE/PARKING BRAKE
8(K3):BACK UP CAMERA(RED+, GRAY-, BLACK 6.8V FOR CAMERA POWER)/STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS PINS 6,7,8(SWG, SW1, SW2)/
9:ANTENNA

harness part #
1:METRA 70-1761
2:METRA 70-1761
3:AX-TOYUSB
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:METRA 70-8114
9:

Some help filling in the blanks a long with some ideas on where to get/how to make a harness for the gps and mic would be very helpful. I'll update this post as i put stuff together. Thanks peeps!

**UPDATE**
Found this diagram that looks to be for the most part the same as the factory entune which is also used in 2011-2013 Siennas. found here

http://www.tehnomagazin.com/Auto-radio-car-connector/TOYOTA-Car-Radio-Wiring-Connector.htm

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Finally got everything in and installed and working. Here is what I used

For CN701 10P+6P

1. SPEAKER FR+
2. SPEAKER FL+
3. POWER SUPPLY ACC
4. POWER SUPPLY +B
5. SPEAKER FR-
6. SPEAKER FL-
7. GROUND
9. POWER SUPPLY AMP+
10. ILLUMINATION +

1. SPEAKER RR+
2. SPEAKER RL+
3. SPEAKER RR-
4. TEL MUTE
6. SPEAKER RL-

FOR CN703 20P

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6: STEERING WHEEL GROUND
7: STEERING WHEEL SW1
8: STEERING WHEEL SW2
9: NOT USED
10: NOT USED
11: BACK UP CAMERA RED +
12: BACK UP CAMERA GRAY -
13: BACK UP CAMERA BLACK 6.8V POWER
14:
15:
16;
17:
18:
19:
20:FACTORY SPEED SENSOR

I actually ordered and made my own pigtail so i wouldn't have to splice the wires. Out of the three (Speed, Reverse, Parking) I just used the Reverse and Parking because the joying unit does not support the speed sensor and the parking can be disabled via the unit settings. On the factory harness the colors are the following SPEED(WHITE)/REVERSE(GREEN)/PARKING BRAKE(RED)

FACTORY USB

This was easy, just used the AX-TOYUSB harness, but since the joying unit does not have an AUX input i will be loosing that

FACTORY GPS ANTENNA

I found an adapter online used to keep the factory shark fin antenna in Lexus cars HFC RG-316/U

FACTORY MIC

So to use the factory mic you have to cut up and re solder the factory mic amp, which i did not want to do because im trying to keep the cutting/splicing to a minimum. The aftermarket mic I mounted on a blank near the usb port

FACTORY BACKUP CAMERA

The Factory camera in my truck needs 6V not 12, so i ordered AX-CAM6V and used the BLUE Antenna power wire from the Joying harness for power. I took an RCA, cut and added pins to the leads and added them to the 20 pin connector. TO BACK UP CAMERA(11 RED+, 12 GRAY-, 13 BLACK 6.8V FOR CAMERA POWER)

The harness when it was all said and done

Reactions: daman81

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And the final product installed. Really happy with the head unit so far and glad I could use the factory bezel

·
Registered
243 Posts
hey man, really clean job - nice work. Thanks for posting your process and pics. I'm going to do this soon but I have the JBL nonsense. Any hints for those with JBL? Also, I was going to go with the 10 inch unit but now that I see the 8 inch I think the 8 inch screen might be a better choice - if you had to do it again, would you still go with the 8 inch screen? Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey man, really clean job - nice work. Thanks for posting your process and pics. I'm going to do this soon but I have the JBL nonsense. Any hints for those with JBL? Also, I was going to go with the 10 inch unit but now that I see the 8 inch I think the 8 inch screen might be a better choice - if you had to do it again, would you still go with the 8 inch screen? Thanks
Thanks! I believe the JBL has different connectors in the back, so the joying universal harness might not work as well. Also I believe the backup camera on the JBL system might run on 12V vs 6V depending on the year so you wouldn't need a step down. I am pretty happy with the 8", the 10" in second gens looks really crammed to me because the screen nearly hits the trim piece where the air vent is. On the 3rd gens though I think the 10" fits perfect.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Having trouble sourcing the GPS adapter - I'd rather use the adapter instead of placing the black box on the dash or window or whatever - can you share the part number or site where you got the GPS adapter?

Did you have to buy a fit kit or did it work without? Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having trouble sourcing the GPS adapter - I'd rather use the adapter instead of placing the black box on the dash or window or whatever - can you share the part number or site where you got the GPS adapter?

Did you have to buy a fit kit or did it work without? Thanks
this is the gps antenna adapter i used
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RZCF67S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bezel that came with the entunes system worked perfect so i didn't have to get a fit kit

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what dash fit kit did you use??

i noticed that it has the bracket to tighten it with a bolt on the lower left corner.

i ordered one off ebay and all it has are the press fittings.. it doesnt really snap in so it would just rattle all the time or even fly off when i'm off road.
It is the factory kit for the entunes system. Since my truck came with it i didn't have to order an aftermarket fit kit.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what dash fit kit did you use??

i noticed that it has the bracket to tighten it with a bolt on the lower left corner.

i ordered one off ebay and all it has are the press fittings.. it doesnt really snap in so it would just rattle all the time or even fly off when i'm off road.
Hey Dragos, i found a pic with the bezel part number on it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Another question...do you have steering wheel controls? The swc adapter I bought, it seems like I need to cut the 3.5mm Jack and connect the two to the joying key 1 and key 2 wires, is that right or is it a different two wires on the swc harness? Thanks again

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Another question...do you have steering wheel controls? The swc adapter I bought, it seems like I need to cut the 3.5mm Jack and connect the two to the joying key 1 and key 2 wires, is that right or is it a different two wires on the swc harness? Thanks again
I do have steering wheel controls, you don't need another harness or adapter to keep those with the joying unit. Wire them according to the diagram up above (6,7,8 in the 20 Pin connector) and then go into the unit itself and assign what each button does

·
Registered
60 Posts
Stupid photobucket and there new usage agreement! Sweet setup, looking to do this exact same thing and was hoping to see some pictures but the links are broken now!

Anyways.. Still liking the joying?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah Its still working like a champ! I got a different android brand for my daily driver and the joying boots up WAY faster. I need to get around to changing the picture links out

Reactions: BEER

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stupid photobucket and there new usage agreement! Sweet setup, looking to do this exact same thing and was hoping to see some pictures but the links are broken now!

Anyways.. Still liking the joying?
Got the pictures back up :mechanic:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome article. Can you provide an update on the Head Unit now after a year of use. I am very interested in the Joying units. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts