Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading up on this for a few days, but would love some advice from those with more experience.

2012 Tundra CrewMax SR5 TRD

Have been towing a medium size TT for a few years with no issues. Its a Keystone Bullet 230hbs (gross 6475#, hitch 475#, 27ft).

The family needs a bit more space for longer trips. I'm looking at the Keystone 31BHPR (gross 8000#, hitch 820#, 35ft). Maximum towing per the sticker is 9,000# and 1350# for payload. The local Toyota dealership advised me to not to exceed 8000#.

Is this TV and TT a good pairing, or pushing the limits?

Open to getting a WD hitch or other suggested upgrades. I would prefer to keep the Tundra because it fits in my garage with a few inches to spare, and I enjoy it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Payload is our weak point 1350-820=530 lbs left for you then subtract WDH and all your stuff in truck leaves you with very little room.
Probably be maxed out on PL or take it to the scales. Look for something with less tongue weight.

Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I was curious if you got the camper? As others have mentioned a weight distribution hitch is mandatory. I would venture to say some sort of sway control would be mandatory also. Problem is when you run into cross winds, it can be a very dangerous situation. Your speed should always be around 60......much over that and at some point your gonna run into trouble. ;) Happy Holidays!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.