Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a head unit where I can still use my steering wheel controls? is that even possible? Id love to find something with navigation but its not a must. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2012 CM, i dont believe it has the JBLs.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea ive been looking at the site but nothing really shows if ill need to buy the adapter to use the steering wheel controls or not. There is an Car Show by Rosen that is just a plug in play but it isnt really sold to the public it seems.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Yea ive been looking at the site but nothing really shows if ill need to buy the adapter to use the steering wheel controls or not. There is an Car Show by Rosen that is just a plug in play but it isnt really sold to the public it seems.
99.9% of aftermarket radios made now are compatible with steering wheel audio controls with the use of adapters like the one mentioned. Maestro seems to be the most poplar. The CarShow is twice the price of a Pioneer 4200NEX that comes with Apple Car Play and Android auto as well, and can be had all in for about $600, including the mounting fascia and steering wheel controls adapter. The CarShow does not have CarPlay or Android auto. And, I would bet money on the fact that the pioneer has better output. Ask @BreathingBorla and a couple other guys on here with the Pioneer how they like them. It seems to be the head-unit of choice everywhere I've looked.

Reactions: TravisL
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.