Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been all over the front end on my truck trying to find a knocking noise. I've been to 3 different front end shops to no avail and searched endlessly on the truck, different forums, youtube, etc. for the source of the noise.

Ball joints were worn out so I replaced the upper and lower control arms. Lowers are stock. Uppers are Zone Offroad UCA's.

FINALLY, found it.

There are 2 vertical bolts on the BDS lift as indicated by the arrows. You cannot see them with the skid plate installed. I removed the plate and they were not torqued tight. In fact the driver's side was finger tight. It is a little tough to get a wrench over the top to hold the nut, and a socket to fit the bolt on the underside, but I tightened the hell out of them. NOISE GONE!!!!!

The knocking noise was from the box assembly moving left and right ever so slightly when turning the steering wheel.

I hope that this may help anyone else experiencing this issue.

Reactions: Leks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the info! I have the Zone 5 lift and at full lock turns I get a popping noise and I cannot figure out what the issue is, so I will take a look to see if this solves my problem as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I have the Zone 5 lift and at full lock turns I get a popping noise and I cannot figure out what the issue is, so I will take a look to see if this solves my problem as well.
Did that fix it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.