Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone! 4 Toyota truck but 1 problem with any of them that I?ve had to post about.

I?m having a problem with a getting my truck to start.

Truck is a 2012 5.7 2wd 70k miles. Not flex that I know of. I?ve had it about 2 years and put about 35k miles on it.

The truck sat in driveway for about 3 days since i drove it last. Went to drive it the other day and the engine just cranks and cranks but doesn?t fire over. No other weird noticable issues or things seemed to lead up to it, it just won?t start all of a sudden.

I checked all the fuses, has half tank of gas. Battery seemed weak and looked original so I replaced it but still same thing. I crawled underneath and had friend turn key to see if I could hear the fuel pump. I didn?t hear anything. Tapped on fuel pump but nothing. Looked for frayed wires but saw nothing. Tried both keys, same thing.

Looking fo some pointers. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I checked all the fuses, has half tank of gas. Battery seemed weak and looked original so I replaced it but still same thing. I crawled underneath and had friend turn key to see if I could hear the fuel pump. I didn?t hear anything. Tapped on fuel pump but nothing. Looked for frayed wires but saw nothing. Tried both keys, same thing.

Looking fo some pointers. Thanks
Swap the fuel pump relay with the horn relay and see if it works.
I have had a bad relay fuel pump relay on my Tundra in the past

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I?ve swapped relays, still no start.

I?ve applied 12volts to the relays and they click and seem to be working.

I?ve also removed the two fuel lines on the drivers side of the engine that connect to the fuel rails, and then turned the engine over. I would expect to see fuel flying out of those lines, but nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts