Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the engine ticks all the time even when the engine warms up. Just would like some advice on what ot may be. It has 112000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So the engine ticks all the time even when the engine warms up. Just would like some advice on what ot may be. It has 112000 miles on it.
I have almost the same exact truck. Has what we think is a "rod knock". Ticking starts after warmup and will stop at higher RPM's. Gets faster with engine speed. Loudest at around 1,000 to 1,500 rpms, or idling speed. Several mechanics looked at it, couldn't find anything wrong.
Finally took it to Rogers Toyota who looked at it for not even 15 mins and diagnosed. "Spun Bearing" Told me i needed a new $10k engine. Not the news i was looking for!
I drove it home. Waiting to see what happens with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have almost the same exact truck. Has what we think is a "rod knock". Ticking starts after warmup and will stop at higher RPM's. Gets faster with engine speed. Loudest at around 1,000 to 1,500 rpms, or idling speed. Several mechanics looked at it, couldn't find anything wrong.
Finally took it to Rogers Toyota who looked at it for not even 15 mins and diagnosed. "Spun Bearing" Told me i needed a new $10k engine. Not the news i was looking for!
I drove it home. Waiting to see what happens with it.
Do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts