Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a stock radio for cheap. I really just want it for the USB. both radio is JBL equipped.

Question is...will this work without any mods? I already have the USB port. will i need anything else?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No it will not, well not completely. I had the same issue a year ago except I went ahead and bought a newer JBL head unit because I wanted Bluetooth streaming audio in my 07 crewmax limited. The big plugs all plug in fine and the radio works but the plug for Bluetooth is different. I posted on here and no one knew anything about how to make it work so I got a new head unit sitting unused.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn. Thanks for the info. Did the USB port work for you?

Hopefully someone knows how to get the Bluetooth working.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
What is it you are looking for as far as Bluetooth info? The Bluetooth is built into the head unit, but if your truck didn't have Bluetooth you probably don't have the phone buttons on the steering wheel so I could probably help you find the wiring info and related parts to hook it up but phone controll would need to be done from the phone itself and I don't think it would be possible to pair the phone if its just the basic unit, if its the navigation I think you can pair from the screen. Of course it has to be possible to add the Bluetooth buttons to the wheel but that's no small project. Can you post a pic of the plug that's off? And what is currently working. Is it just the Bluetooth that's not functioning?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have bluetooth right now with the steering controls.

"spankee" might be able to help you more with pics since i haven't bought it yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 07 has Bluetooth calling. The newer ones have Bluetooth streaming audio. There is a flat plug on the 07 for the Bluetooth portion. The newer radio has a different style plug with a different amount of wires. I would need that plug and to know what wires go to which connector pin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts