Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get a realistic # of hours to replace the engine and tranny mounts. It's showing firestone 13hrs just for the motor mounts. Anyone done or know? Thx!

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
It would really depend on your skill level, access to proper tools and a hoist.
Transmission mount would take less than half an hour.
You might be able to get the motor mounts out by jacking up the engine, without having to remove it out of the truck. That might take several hours.
If you can’t do that, removing the engine is at least a 5 hour job, so figure 10-15 hours to get the mounts out and put it all back together.
Why do you want to replace them anyways, they never usually go bad?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have never had to replace all the motor mounts. The only ones getting pulled are on the one side of the engine (usually the passenger side at the rear) as the ones on the opposite side have a compression force for the most part and seldom fail. If one is bad then replace it and forget about the others.

I would see if I could fit an engine hoist inside without having to remove the hood. Removing the hood is a two person job. All you need is enough lift to take the weight off the motor mount so it can be slid out and a new one put in its place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A guy selling aftermarket motor mounts on another Tundra forum claims 2 hours with a floor jack, block of wood and basic Harbor Freight tools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts