Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok I looked at mouse camp...

See how tiny those wires are...fragile. ..

I look at you cam tower leak to..

The truck we just got is used has 90k..but 2yrs of warranty left..

Im expecting issues as I read ...

Than we got fn white also...what were those spots?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
From what I've been told by a field tech, who has been with Toyota for like 20+ years, it is the result of over polishing during vehicle production. I have a few areas on my Tundra where it has occurred. In the next month or so, Toyota will repaint any panel were it has occurred for free.

One thing you need to keep in mind is not all Tundra's experience the problems a few of us have had. For example, there is a 2007 Tundra out there with 700K plus miles on it and there are members of this forum that have north of 200K.

I'll be honest, I've had a few problems, but Toyota has and continues to stand behind their product.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have had this happen a few times after my hypertech interceptor was installed when it was really cold. Not really helpful but i know what your looking at.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm trying a humane approach...
Besides, if it lures them out, they'll need to contend with cats and red tail hawks.
So, is it really stupid?
Just had this happen to my 2014. May be due to the fact that newer wiring harnesses are soy based. I just got to spend a few hundred dollars to fix mine. No humane approaches will be employed here. I would advise against throwing food out, you'll just have more mice.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
wouldn't have guessed it was caused by mince. I had the same lights come on on my truck a while back, pulled into the driveway put it into park and the cluster lit up. Looked under the hood and my intake tube had come loose at the throttle body. hooked it back up unhooked the battery for a while and good as new.

·
Registered
252 Posts
guy at work just lost his motor in his 05 Tundra with the rubber timing belt. Mice had built a nest and enough crap got in/around the belt and it skipped when starting and broke 6 valves:mad:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts