Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm Larry, 2011 Crewmax Limited 4x4 in Prairieville, LA. I apparently just joined the Flex Fuel Rough Running Club! I ran across the thread about the Flex Fuel and wanted to chime in... I'm there too!

Larry

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome Larry! You mean your in the FFV club b/c of the problem it's created or just because you have a FFV? Lets see some pics of your ride!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having the stumbling on low RPM acceleration issues. I'll post some pics

·
Registered
733 Posts
Say no more my friend, thats the exact problem I had. I was able to clear my problem up however. The dealer can reflash, but it only works periodically for me. A guy with toyo corporate recommended that I run some e85 to help show my truck the difference between regular fuel and e85 since this problem is created from the truck thinking it has e85 in the tank and running rich, while not actually having e85 in the tank. I ran one take of e85, got absolutely HORRIBLE gas mileage, then ran some true 100% gasoline and it seems to have fixed the issue for now. May wanna try that.

The problem is the truck is reading an incorrect perceived alcohol density, thus running in e85 and doing stupid crap.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Great looking truck by the way. Feel free to PM me about any questions about the ffv problem, I've got a great dealer who's helped me a ton, and all of the info on this forum has been great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info! I've got phone calls and texts in to 2 Baton Rouge dealers right now. We'll see where it goes! I love the truck and would much rather fix it than get rid of it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I located a place in Baron Rouge that sells E85 and I'm going to try your suggestion this weekend... But I'm curious, how does the truck know its been filled up? Do you need to let it sit for 3000-4000 rotations every time you crank it in order for it to determine the alcohol content?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Larry, there was a member here with the same issue that had it "fixed" by Price Leblanc Toyota in BR. I'll see if I can find the thread.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! I've been following that one too. That's the thread that made me join here.

Thanks for the heads up though!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome Larry!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Larry, nice lookin Tundra. I live in Prairieville, LA also! Might see you around town!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts