Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I am a lurker for a while after picking up a 2011 Tundra a little while back.. I normally do the CAI, exhaust, etc. on my vehicles, but have held off for a while with the Tundra for no apparent reason.. just too busy I guess and I ride street and track motorcycles so my 4 wheel vehicle is generally putting around..

anyway, the itch set in and I have been looking at going with headers and exhaust with dirty deeds, but as I was adding things up, the number grew.. and I concluded that if I'm spending a big chunk, maybe look at the supercharger I've lusted for in my Z06 vette days, and that I peeked at in the Sequoia and FJ days..

So I'm seriously thinking about it and was hoping to get some insight on what my parts list should consist of, and my cost itemization as I'm planning..

Any insight into a start to finish list of expected costs and recommendations as to the best place to shop for the parts.. recommendations on building a good package for just creating a fun as heck pickup without any need for the extreme.. I won't be racing the truck, or driving wild.. but I have a hankering for something unique and strong like an ox since it is my daily driver for the moment, and I'm going to be keeping it for the long term..

Any info and insights are greatly appreciated!! Ben

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Same here. .got mine for 4200
I consisted installing it myself but it just wasn't Wirth it, my truck is brand new and the extra warranty on the supercharger was worth the extra $, plus I only paid 5k installed, I know I'll never get that deal again though, in fact I just ordered another supercharged truck and the supercharger is substantially more on this one. Which dealer sold you a supercharger fir 4200 that's awesome!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
445 Posts
I consisted installing it myself but it just wasn't Wirth it, my truck is brand new and the extra warranty on the supercharger was worth the extra $, plus I only paid 5k installed, I know I'll never get that deal again though, in fact I just ordered another supercharged truck and the supercharger is substantially more on this one. Which dealer sold you a supercharger fir 4200 that's awesome!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Not bad! 5k installed is agreat deal.. mine was a dealer on ebay

·
Registered
13,893 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
He blew the motor already once. :D

Though there may be a different way to do it in the mix.. We'll see though

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A lot of guys, including myself, bought the supercharger and fit kit from Frank Motors, for $5355 shipped, all warranties intact. Ask for Scott Edwards and he'll tell you everything you need (sc and fit kit). Every once in a while you may find a better deal, but generally speaking, frank motors has the best deal. Local dealers won't come close to that price, once you start calculating sales tax. Most dealers seem to want retail price for the sc and fit kit ~$6100. Maybe you can work a deal with your local dealership though?

Install prices seem to range from $600-1500, depending on where you are located. You'll need to shop around for the best quotes. I contacted 4 dealerships for install quotes and got quotes ranging from $1000 to around $2500...yes, I said $2500 :yikes: So I went with the best quote, which was an hour drive for me. The 2nd best quote was $1300, and a 25 minute drive.

Good luck, and enjoy :D

Oh, and before you order everything, make sure your truck isn't a Flex Fuel (FFV). If it is, that's a whole nother ball game, and you may wanna think twice about getting the charger :yesnod:

Thank you and the other responders a lot for the info.. definitely very helpful in analyzing what trigger to pull.. Much appreciated!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts