Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2011, 4.6 Air injector/smog pump issues

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ragazzoly 
#1 ·
In "limp mode" due to air injector issue. Check engine and traction control lights on. Checked codes, got "air injector valve stuck open" and "valve stuck closed". I found a bypass online (not advertised to work on the 2011 4.6, called and they said it would) for ~600, fully replacing both pumps will cost well over a grand.

Looking for any information on this. The obvious solution would be to do the bypass, but wondering if I have other options, or if that is the best one.

#3 ·
In "limp mode" due to air injector issue. Check engine and traction control lights on. Checked codes, got "air injector valve stuck open" and "valve stuck closed". I found a bypass online (not advertised to work on the 2011 4.6, called and they said it would) for ~600, fully replacing both pumps will cost well over a grand.

Looking for any information on this. The obvious solution would be to do the bypass, but wondering if I have other options, or if that is the best one.
I

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.