Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided that I want to level my Tundra, but what has always weighed heavy in my mind is that the last thing I want to do is appear that I am faking as a 4WD :) I don't want to give off that appearance, but I want to take care of the nose dive.

Currently the truck looks like every other 2WD DC:

A few things stick out in my mind:

1) Which leveling kit to get? - I'd prefer to get a kit that is solid, rather than poly.

2) How is it going to look with the current factory 20s and tire size?

3) If #2 is going to make it look funny, what tire setup should I go with?

Thanks for the suggestions / support!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Looks good, add accessories

Reactions: routenull0

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you use your truck? How much do you want to spend?
Typical truck stuff, nothing heavy duty. I might be purchasing a boat this summer and potentially towing a race car.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You can start with front bilsteins for $200, and go all the way to 2k or so with custom coilovers.

If ya want to wait a month or so, I'll have some brand new bilsteins I will sell for super cheap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I am more worried about dealing with factory 20s and tire setup. I don't want it to look out of place after leveling.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It won't look terrible. But you can Buy new wheels and tires in a package deal, a nice 18" setup can be had for about 1800, about 2000 for 20's. sell your stock setup for 700. It will only cost you 1100-1300 for the wheels and tires. Skip the LRO kit and just buy front spacers from eBay if you want to go the spacer route.

So 1150-1350 for level with wheels and tires. That sounds reasonable if your working with a tight budget, and you won't have to worry about your truck looking silly all leveled up with stock wheels lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appreciate the suggestions.

Is it a bad idea to just change out tires on the factory 20s or is just an appearance thing?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Appreciate the suggestions.

Is it a bad idea to just change out tires on the factory 20s or is just an appearance thing?
It's definitely an appearance thing, but it also limits your tire choices. Wider tires on stock wheels tend to rub the uca's. my 275's were very close to touching when I had my stock wheels. You can always use wheel adapters which come in various thicknesses to get the offset you want.

50-100 for eBay leveling spacers, and 200-500 for wheel spacers.

Puts your grand total between 250- 600 bucks! I'm going with full OME after doing it cheap the first time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd rather buy a new set of wheels/tires than run wheel spacers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts