Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am in need of help! My truck has a mind if it's own? As soon as I pull the keys out of the ignition the door locks go crazy and it continuously beeps as if it unlocking/locking the doors? The only way to stop it is to either put the keys back in the ignition or to unplug the battery. I have taken it to toyota twice now and they just tell me there is nothing wrong with it charge me 150 bucks? HELP!

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I had this happen years ago on a Tacoma. I can't remember exactly what fixed it but I think either it was the battery was low on juice and needed to be replaced or it was the door lock relay switch. Sorry it was a long time ago. Try the battery first and see if it needs replacing

·
Registered
243 Posts
I agree with the battery. Low or malfunctioning battery, or loose battery connection will do this. Clean the terminals and possibly use some dielectric grease. Also try swap the battery out with another car and see if it fixes it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you aweskelo, I was told this from toyota as well. Replaced the battery even tho the test said it was fine and the issue is still there? It's very odd and they are now saying m the body ecu is most likely the issue? Sounds expensive!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts