Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I be crazy to buy a 2010 Tundra that has almost 71,000 highway miles on it? They are asking 24k for it. It is 4x4 sr5 with trd offroad package. I am worried about that many miles on a 2010 and that also means it would not have a warranty.

What kind of milage do these trucks normally get before items have to start being replaced?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
How do you know they are highway miles? Every vehicle with high mileage is all "highway miles" according to the seller, lol. I wouldn't give more than $20K for a truck with that many miles and no warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
I checked this thru NADA but didn't see a SR5 option available, only Base and Limited. Either way though, $24k seems reasonable, according to NADA values. If you're not comfortable with that many miles on a 2010 then be patient and keep looking for what you want. Toyotas will last for a long time though, and can take a beating. Mine has almost 85k on it. The wife's Prius is a '07 with well over 120k. Take care of the vehicle and it'll be there for you.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
How much for a new 2012 with the same stuff and full warranty?

How much mileage to these trucks get before being replaced? That totally depends on if the current owner took care of it.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
71K highway miles... LOL. The best mpg I got w/ my truck was 20 mpg, w/ no lift, oem wheels and driving 60 mph. I don't know anyone who would use this as their commuter, unless there's a company card footing the bill.

I think that's high. I got my truck for well under that and can probably sell it for $25K now. I'd wait for a better deal.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
How much for a new 2012 with the same stuff and full warranty?

How much mileage to these trucks get before being replaced? That totally depends on if the current owner took care of it.
Ah, this is true, and I overlooked it. Buying a perfectly brand new Tundra is probably a better option. The price difference may be, what, $10k, but at least you are the first owner, it has practically no miles, and it comes with full warranty. Yes, if it were me I'd be looking at new ones.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
As for Nada you need to select base DC, in the options add mileage, select TRD and SR5 and any other options. Hope that helps. If it were me buying I would get the extended warrenty. Many are offered.

I show book at $26,850. power seat would be an add, 5.7 will be an add, back up camera, bed liner, power rear window, etc

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
^^^ Yup, $26k+ is what I came up with too when I plugged in his info the first time. The Limited rockets that price up about $10k more. :yikes: Go new, methinks, but what do y'all recommend?

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I'd go new

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
I bought my 2010 Trd sport for 26k with 12 miles on it. I would say go for a newer one cause you should be able to find one with a lot less miles on it for maybe a few grand over what that other one is. My truck is about at 60k and still no issues and I drive my truck very hard offroading, I have a 40 mile round trip commute to work every day, and I live in downtown Houston which has some of the shittiest streets I've ever seen. 2010 was a solid year except for the slight possibility of blowing a steering rack if you lift it

·
Registered
948 Posts
Bone stock? i sold my 2010 DC With maybe close to 6-7k in upgrades for 27k. Very clean truck inside and out. If its bone stock I wouldnt pay more than 20k TBH.

On a side note, I got my 2012 CM 4x4 with bucket seats, backup cam,blue tooth etc for 33800 OTD in california. Basically 30k +TTL. Rebates I got were 4k cash back and are still there. So you could basically get a a non TRD DC for 30k out the door.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Bone stock? i sold my 2010 DC With maybe close to 6-7k in upgrades for 27k. Very clean truck inside and out. If its bone stock I wouldnt pay more than 20k TBH.
I agree. 24k is too high for a truck with that many miles.:thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
It all depends on what options, model etc like Trekken said. Mine still books for over $37,000. It might not actually sell for that, but you have to start somewhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts